Welcome To aBlackWeb

Gangsta Gibbs revealed that he would be making his acting debut in the upcoming film Down With The King, directed by Diego Ongaro. The rapper takes on the leading role of Money Merc, a rapper seeking to make his departure from the music industry. Merc is sent to the Berkshires to record his next album when he forms a bond with a neighbor who leads him towards farming.

Down With The King will be making its world premiere later at this year's Cannes Film Festival as part of the ACID (Association For Independent Cinema and its Distribution) section.

“Freddie Gibbs and I worked intimately together to craft Mercury’s character and backstory; some of it pulled from Freddie’s experiences and values, much of it invented,” Ongaro told Complex earlier this year. “It was an absolute thrill working with someone as sharp and multi-talented as Freddie in this collaborative way.”

We'll keep you posted on more details surrounding Down With The King. Cannes Film Festival takes place from July 6th to 17th.

1705718594265.png

Watching this now. This shit is really good. It’s actually kind of sad so far. You can tell dude really just wanted to chill and not be pressured live up to this rapper image.

Just goes to show how some of these dudes might be if it weren’t for their upbringing and the pressure to always be “gangster”. And the label always pushing for it is just crazy.

I was tired for dude, lol. If I was in his shoes I don’t think I’d ever come back to rap, at least not in the way I’ve done it so far.

Back