Breaking News Don Lemon Out At CNN

Elaborate, please.

Vivek was very clear: We fought the Civil War to liberate Africans from slavery and immediately after the southern states began passing laws to prevent newly freed Black folks from owning guns: That's historically accurate. He said that the Democrat party wanted to put us back in chains back then, also historically accurate. He said the Democrat party wanted to see us in chains now: I can understand that if you really get into the weeds about it (Bill Clinton did pass the Democrat sponsored Crime Bill that locked up so many of us, Hillary famously called us "super predators", and Joe Biden was the sponsor for the Crime Bill) . Gotta remember, until the 70's, the majority of Black voters in this country were Republican. Democrats was the party of the southern slave owner and we wasn't about that shit.

Don, however said repeatedly that Vivek tried to make it seem as if we fought the Civil War so that Black folks could own guns; he never said or alluded to that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marc123
Vivek was very clear: We fought the Civil War to liberate Africans from slavery and immediately after the southern states began passing laws to prevent newly freed Black folks from owning guns: That's historically accurate. He said that the Democrat party wanted to put us back in chains back then, also historically accurate. He said the Democrat party wanted to see us in chains now: I can understand that if you really get into the weeds about it (Bill Clinton did pass the Democrat sponsored Crime Bill that locked up so many of us, Hillary famously called us "super predators", and Joe Biden was the sponsor for the Crime Bill) . Gotta remember, until the 70's, the majority of Black voters in this country were Republican. Democrats was the party of the southern slave owner and we wasn't about that shit.

Don, however said repeatedly that Vivek tried to make it seem as if we fought the Civil War so that Black folks could own guns; he never said or alluded to that.

How old are you?

So you're very far removed from grade school, high school education. You're interpretation of what Vivek said is wholly incorrect.

Point out what was said that you believe I've misinterpreted.

Not one thing I've said isn't a historical fact:

At it's fundamental core, the Civil War was fought over slavery. This is a fact.

Immediately after losing the Civil War and being forced to recognize Black folks as free, southern states began passing laws to keep guns out of the hands of those Black folks. This is also a fact.

This is what Vivek stated in the plainest of terms.
Don Lemon then said, and I quote: "... that war was not fought for Black people to have guns..." which was something that Vivek never saidor even alluded to, and he even stated again that it was for Black folk's freedom. Don said it several times. What's there to "misunderstand"???

Point out what was said that you believe I've misinterpreted.

Not one thing I've said isn't a historical fact:

At it's fundamental core, the Civil War was fought over slavery. This is a fact.

Immediately after losing the Civil War and being forced to recognize Black folks as free, southern states began passing laws to keep guns out of the hands of those Black folks. This is also a fact.

This is what Vivek stated in the plainest of terms.
Don Lemon then said, and I quote: "... that war was not fought for Black people to have guns..." which was something that Vivek never saidor even alluded to, and he even stated again that it was for Black folk's freedom. Don said it several times. What's there to "misunderstand"???

You don't know what you're talking about but you have a tendency to never acknowledge when you're wrong about something so.

• Haha
Reactions: SeaSnake