Welcome To aBlackWeb

Does Shawn from Boys 2 Men have a point?

There's plenty of r&b acts that still make traditional r&b music and don't rely on half singing half rapping or that whisper voice shit. If you're talking about what's pushed as mainstream then yeah that's way different than what most of us grew up knowing as r&b but the real singers are still very much out there.

I also have a personal theory that as Black folks moved away from church and singing in the choir that's also led to a lack of people being able to truly hone their voice because ain't no training ground like being in a choir for a true singer.
Right... Just went to see Eric Roberson Valentine's day weekend. If you a fan of the genre you'll find the music....

We're not in the era where radio runs things any more.... You support the sound you like

Right... Just went to see Eric Roberson Valentine's day weekend. If you a fan of the genre you'll find the music....

We're not in the era where radio runs things any more.... You support the sound you like

I always joke with my brother-in-law name because he shares the same name as him, but yeah, it's still good traditional R&B music out here. The fans just have to go find it since it's no longer mainstream anymore

Yeah… I remember talking about this some years ago only for y’all to tell me the same thing.

that good r&b had gone toSoundCloud and blogspot

This is, while radio still exists.... Streaming is now king. You can literally make a star off of word of mouth. Once shit go viral.... It's a wrap.

Let 4 strong singing brothers make some hot tik toks...

This whole argument is dead

Tank said basically this same thing on his Drink Champs interview and Chris Brown said this on his and his Million Dollars Worth of Game. Said the way the industry has marketed hip hop and the popularity of it has eliminated the emotionally vulnerable male who sings love songs. Even the "love songs" in hip hop are rarely about happy relationships and more about "we put each other through drama but I bought you an expensive purse so we good now"

I think there are a lot of reasons.

I think the blending of Hip Hop and autotune making it so that people didn't work as hard on the craft are contributors too.

Back