Welcome To aBlackWeb

Does going to an HBCU mean folks can't challenge your "blackness" or automatically make a person one of "US"?

This thread dumb as fuck so just tell us the story behind this..

giphy-downsized-large.gif

It's a black experience.

And if you are a person who is asked about their black experience and you went to a hbcu, naturally you would list it.

It takes more than just that obviously, but it is undeniably a black experience as much as growing up in a black family. Going to a black church for years, it living in a black neighborhood.

None of those things alone define blackness. But they can be a contributing factor.

So like I said in the other thread.....I get it

The thing is to me it doesn't matter where you grew up, went to school, church or who raised you. If you doing questionable shit in a system that you KNOW is designed to treat black people unfairly. Your blackness can be questioned and none of that other shit listed automatically makes a person one of "Us".

I get that the lady who made that statement is trying to look out for her friend but it was a dumb ass statement IMO.

I has a suspicion this would be about kamala it points in that direction

She is black.

That whole shes a cop shit is ignorant.. Doesn't mean she doesn't have to explain her record but it's quite peculiar people don't have that same reaction for folks perpetuating all sorts of bullshit.. That's an issue...

I has a suspicion this would be about kamala it points in that direction

She is black.

That whole shes a cop shit is ignorant.. Doesn't mean she doesn't have to explain her record but it's quite peculiar people don't have that same reaction for folks perpetuating all sorts of bullshit.. That's an issue...

It's not really about her for real.

I asked the question in the off topic thread because of that statement a friend of hers made in an article I read about Kamala Harris from the Washington Post.

It's really a general question about any black person

A lot of niggas don't like being black so I feel the criticism she gets is fair. She suspect.

I don't think what school you go to is part of the equation tho.

It's not really about her for real.

I asked the question in the off topic thread because of that statement a friend of hers made in an article I read about Kamala Harris from the Washington Post.

It's really a general question about any black person

That sentiment
Is out there swirling in the ether though

Back