Welcome To aBlackWeb

Does ego/pride stunt our building together?

Does ego/pride stunt our building together?

• Yep

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Nah

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Niggas is hoes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
First & foremost...The Pivot is a GOAT podcast. Shoutout to RC...Channing...Fred.

I watched that episode last week. Kev got some valid azzz points. I mean let's us him as an example. Do you know how much money him and Kat Williams could've made touring together...if they didn't beef??

I dunno why a lot of us have this mentality that there's only but so much room at the top for only a few of us. Yes ego/pride plays a huge part of us coming together. B/c too many people believe their way of looking at things is the right way.

Success in a capitalist society demands a competitive spirit.
People that bust their ass and are lucky enough to make it, naturally become egotistical about it.
The ego and pride that develops from that can help and hurt in different ways.
Gotta have a balance of it so it doesn't become toxic. That's the hard part.

Really its a balancing act imo.

People just need to play their position. Everyone needs to know and be comfortable with when to be the leader and when to be the follower.

Reason I dont call it ego is because in a situation where you the follower and and need to follow a leader, its impossible for that leader not to have an ego.

And then when the time comes to when you become the leader in something and have a group following you, then you need to have a healthy level of ego.

Again, its a balancing act. To say something like ego ruins it and we need to get rid of ego is a gross oversimplification.

First & foremost...The Pivot is a GOAT podcast. Shoutout to RC...Channing...Fred.

I watched that episode last week. Kev got some valid azzz points. I mean let's us him as an example. Do you know how much money him and Kat Williams could've made touring together...if they didn't beef??

I dunno why a lot of us have this mentality that there's only but so much room at the top for only a few of us. Yes ego/pride plays a huge part of us coming together. B/c too many people believe their way of looking at things is the right way.
we got the ide of only one of us can be at the top because they only let one in at a time.

its still shit they allowed and we took as gospel

we got the ide of only one of us can be at the top because they only let one in at a time.

its still shit they allowed and we took as gospel

We have/had to take it as gospel because we moving off of what they allow and how they want it.

If we built our own we could move how we wanted and have as many at the top at one that could stand there.

Also we have to acknowledge how that only 1 at top at a time has crept into all facets of our lives as well. Most of us will try to chop down anyone of who even doing remotely what we're doing or viewed as competition because of that mindset. Never even once giving thought to the reality that it's enough for all us out here.

Back