Welcome To aBlackWeb

Doctor Dre (Yo MTV Raps) loses his vision in fight with diabetes

a lot of misinformation in here about diabetes

but, i'ma let ya'll cook

I have diabetes. It's under control because I take my meds and I modified my diet (I still eat sweets, but not as much as I used to).

A few years ago I got the wrong medication because of a screw up at the hospital. After a couple of weeks my vision got blurry and I couldn't read the computer screen. I had to buy glasses. But I got the proper medication and got my eyesight back. Ever since then I've been more careful about what I eat and drink.

My problem was that I was drinking Sprite, which has 44 grams of sugar in a 16 oz bottle. I switched to Arizona Iced Tea which has around 17 grams of sugar, depending on the flavor.

I never made the switch to diet soda because although it doesn't have any sugar, it tastes disgusting.
I mean, or you could just mostly cut out the sugary drinks.

My friend got diagnosed with diabetes this year. He went to the hospital after feeling crazy sick for a couple days. Turns how his blood sugar was so high he literally could of died and was lucky he didnt die. Even then, after he got home he was still drinking sodas and juices, but was justifying it by diluting it with water. He said he cant drink just water because it tastes too boring. My point is some of yall really willing to risk death over some sugar.

My friend got diagnosed with diabetes this year. He went to the hospital after feeling crazy sick for a couple days. Turns how his blood sugar was so high he literally could of died and was lucky he didnt die. Even then, after he got home he was still drinking sodas and juices, but was justifying it by diluting it with water. He said he cant drink just water because it tastes too boring. My point is some of yall really willing to risk death over some sugar.
This shit made me laugh.

I'm like your friend. I dilute my orange juice so it's 50% juice and 50% water.

I've made the conscious decision that I'd rather eat the foods I like (e.g. pizza, cheeseburgers, Ice cream, fried chicken, french fies, beer, weed & cigarettes) and live to be 70 than spend the rest of my life eating salads and no salt, no sugar, and no fat foods and live to be 100. What's the point of living if you can't enjoy the things you like?

Anyway, the last few doctor visits my doctor said my A1C is fine.

Your blood sugar is a measurement of your glucose level at that moment which, if you just had a meal, will be higher than usual. Your A1C is a measurement of your glucose level over the past few weeks. Having a good A1C is more important than your blood sugar.

Apparently, the meds and the modification of my diet seem to be working.

For anybody out there struggling with diabetes: grapes are an excellent food to snack on. When I was a kid grapes had seeds in them so it was kind of disgusting. You could chew on the grape but then you had to spit out the seeds. Nowadays grapes are seedless. They're much healthier than chips or cookies. And they taste good.

I've made the conscious decision that I'd rather eat the foods I like (e.g. pizza, cheeseburgers, Ice cream, fried chicken, french fies, beer, weed & cigarettes) and live to be 70 than spend the rest of my life eating salads and no salt, no sugar, and no fat foods and live to be 100. What's the point of living if you can't enjoy the things you like?

Your blood sugar is a measurement of your glucose level at that moment which, if you just had a meal, will be higher than usual. Your A1C is a measurement of your glucose level over the past few weeks. Having a good A1C is more important than your blood sugar.

For anybody out there struggling with diabetes: grapes are an excellent food to snack on. When I was a kid grapes had seeds in them so it was kind of disgusting. You could chew on the grape but then you had to spit out the seeds. Nowadays grapes are seedless. They're much healthier than chips or cookies. And they taste good.
you remind me of Rain Man.

Both my uncle and aunt have diabetes. My grandfather had it and lost a toe. I got a warning about it two years ago and been changing my diet. I had to cut a lot of sugar.

The point is not being in pain bruh. There is a guy a few doors down who lost his leg to this shit. I don't want my limbs getting chopped off or having to stick myself with a needle. I am cool eating salads and no salt. I try to stay away from fried foods too and don't miss it. I has to cut onions and other acidic foods because of acid reflux. The pain and discomfort just was not worth it.

My aunt was diagnosed with type 2 when she was ten. She never really maintained a healthy diet and now her leg has bn amputated

Imma just leave this here:

Look at the older members in your family they stuff they consumed attributes to their health concerns. FF to now and things get passed down through the bloodlines and it’s your job (NOW) to fight those battles before things happen. And now with the injections in our food and gmo’s you would wanna do yourself the due diligence to fight the d’evils that eventually can take you out.

So I say that to say this, enjoy food but watch the intake and the capacity in which you eat it.

“Cards are already stacked against you, do yourself a favor and try to consume some longevity.”

Back