Welcome To aBlackWeb

Do you owe it to your child to......

DOS_patos

Unverified Legion of Trill member
teach them how to speak your native or cultural background language after your family migrated to another country?

i was speaking to a haitian chick.
chick 1. she speaks creole and english
chick 2. her sister speaks creole, english and spanish.

both chicks grew up in the states but was born in haiti.

chick 2, feels its important to teach her children where they came from and their native language.
chick 1, feels they in america and no need to teach her child to speak creole.

yet they both speak creole to each other and with their family.

does a parent owe it to their child to teach them the language(s) they speak ,and/or native language?

I don't think you owe them that right but it would be dumb not to.

What if you die early and the kid wants to learn more about his history and visit his country. He won't be able to communicate with anybody.

Also teaching your kids several languages increases their learning capabilities and makes them smarter.

teach them how to speak your native or cultural background language after your family migrated to another country?

i was speaking to a haitian chick.
chick 1. she speaks creole and english
chick 2. her sister speaks creole, english and spanish.

both chicks grew up in the states but was born in haiti.

chick 2, feels its important to teach her children where they came from and their native language.
chick 1, feels they in america and no need to teach her child to speak creole.

yet they both speak creole to each other and with their family.

does a parent owe it to their child to teach them the language(s) they speak ,and/or native language?

IMO hell yes and any parent who doesn't is doing their child a great disservice.

If I married someone who spoke a different language I would expect my spouse to teach me that language as well

I don't think you owe them that right but it would be dumb not to.

What if you die early and the kid wants to learn more about his history and visit his country. He won't be able to communicate with anybody.

Also teaching your kids several languages increases their learning capabilities and makes them smarter.

The smarter thing seems to have been way overblown in the '90s and we're now seeing it's not nearly as huge of an advantage as we used to believe.

But it's still hugely beneficial for employment, travel, and even social life. If you want your kids to marry people of the same culture, it's vital they learn the language

Yes. There is power in multilingual communication. Especially, if you're culture has it's own language. The black American is born stripped of all their ancestral identity. Willfully subjecting a child to that same treatment when it can be corrected is tragic.

The smarter thing seems to have been way overblown in the '90s and we're now seeing it's not nearly as huge of an advantage as we used to believe.

But it's still hugely beneficial for employment, travel, and even social life. If you want your kids to marry people of the same culture, it's vital they learn the language

nah fam I speak several languages and I'm definitely smarter than most mfs.

reason being you think in different languages.

Why do you think european kids are smarter than the average American?

they have to learn 3 languages in school aside from the one they speak at home

Education doesn't equate intelligence, @Busta Carmichael. But I agree with Thor, their system is geared towards more investment. There are schools in the US that can barely afford to pay teachers, nevermind the removal of extracurriculars like music and art. They don't play that shit in Europe.

If Europe really is the GOAT, then why are so many of the top schools in the US? Harvard, Yale, MIT... it's just about where the money gets spent

Education doesn't equate intelligence, @Busta Carmichael. But I agree with Thor, their system is geared towards more investment. There are schools in the US that can barely afford to pay teachers, nevermind the removal of extracurriculars like music and art. They don't play that shit in Europe.

If Europe really is the GOAT, then why are so many of the top schools in the US? Harvard, Yale, MIT... it's just about where the money gets spent
well since im in europe......the early education is better but the US has better colleges.

Nothing sadder than a spanish(mestizo) person not being able to converse in their native gwalla gwalla tongue.

But yea I'd definitely want my kid knowing a few languages, could only be beneficial. I got family that grew up in america and speak patois no problem and know about JA

Nothing sadder than a spanish(mestizo) person not being able to converse in their native gwalla gwalla tongue.

But yea I'd definitely want my kid knowing a few languages, could only be beneficial. I got family that grew up in america and speak patois no problem and know about JA

Spanish isn't the Native language of the land. IDK why people are so proud and protective of their colonial masters' tongue.

41622706_899681130227108_5944696807425572864_n.jpg

Uh no doubt they gonna learn. If not speak it, definitely learn about it their heritage.

well since im in europe......the early education is better but the US has better colleges.

Possible spin off thread for you @DOS_patos . What do you think is better for people overall better early childhood education or better college education?

I think I would want my kids to have a better early childhood education.

Possible spin off thread for you @DOS_patos . What do you think is better for people overall better early childhood education or better college education?

I think I would want my kids to have a better early childhood education.
yeah i agree.
early education is better.....it can carry you places in life and prepare you for college. if you dumb as hell...how will you know how to spell college?

Back