Welcome To aBlackWeb

Do you only nurture relationships that are beneficial to you?

DOS_patos

Unverified Legion of Trill member
i was often told that relationships are as loyal as the benefit.

Once there is not longer nothing to gain, alot of relationships die.

it seems this is becoming more of a way of life nowadays for alot of people.

Do people just chat just to chat?

just check up on someone just to see how they are doing?

or must you gain something or be working to gain something for all interactions?

like a friend to go out with because they are attractive and brings attention?

or that freind with the nice car that turns all attention to you guys.

or that chick with the bomb ass head but you aint trynna be seen with her during daylight hours.

think of famous people and the people around them. they are usually yes men and wont say anything to stop their free ride. but once the glitter goes away...so does the relationship.

think about hammer.
nigga tried to help out alot of people...only to not have no one at the end of his career.

are you guilty of this?

are you aware of those people who only want something from you?

lets talk about it.

OSOM....

I try to reach out at least once a month to my real ones now

Even if it's only to say what up

just got done explaining this to the wife

Im cool and cordial w/ my people and all

but I have 5 people Im gonna stress about and take care of (Her, my daughters, and myself)

outside of that if we cool, cool......if not so be it

if I can help I will, if not so be it.....i wont lose a lick of sleep or be whining to anybody else about you not fucking wit me

ill never hold mine or my family's lifestyle and comfort back for trying to help build somebody else or not wanting to make them jealous

lived like that for way too long....its about me and mine

sorry this shit struck a nerve recently....people really be stressed out trying to make everybody like them and/or saving everybody

OSOM....

I try to reach out at least once a month to my real ones now

Even if it's only to say what up
OSOM?

what is that?

im old. im from a generation when people spelled shit out. help me understand.

just got done explaining this to the wife

Im cool and cordial w/ my people and all

but I have 5 people Im gonna stress about and take care of (Her, my daughters, and myself)

outside of that if we cool, cool......if not so be it

if I can help I will, if not so be it.....i wont lose a lick of sleep or be whining to anybody else about you not fucking wit me

ill never hold mine or my family's lifestyle and comfort back for trying to help build somebody else or not wanting to make them jealous

lived like that for way too long....its about me and mine

sorry this shit struck a nerve recently....people really be stressed out trying to make everybody like them and/or saving everybody
hmmm,
interesting.

i was there recently and had a big blow up. i keep saying imma make the thread about it...but still havent yet.

but anyway.....its cool bruh.

i didnt look at it like people wanting to be liked by others...but i see the point you making.

Reactions: 1/2
more along the lines of the rest of the questions.....

yes....I dont bring on new friends I cant at least learn from or do business with

and the old friends that aint doing shit, and wonder why i dont wanna hang in they mama's yard no more.....its nothing

people act like they gotta see you every day and know all your business to be cool

hmmm,
interesting.

i was there recently and had a big blow up. i keep saying imma make the thread about it...but still havent yet.

but anyway.....its cool bruh.

i didnt look at it like people wanting to be liked by others...but i see the point you making.

yeah my bad I went left lmao

literally just got done talking about this shit

trying to get the rest of my crew on board with lifting and caring about US first and foremost

yeah my bad I went left lmao

literally just got done talking about this shit

trying to get the rest of my crew on board with lifting and caring about US first and foremost
nah its cool bruh.....

We should all nurture beneficial relationships. There's opportunities out here you won't get alone. I used to be way more of a loner, but that shit makes you vulnerable. Who you know helps and the respect of you know can open doors. Those doors, if ideal, can open more. The respect circulating like currency.

Don't invest your energy into one sided relationships, though keep things cordial just in case for later. But stay away from the toxic people that aren't beneficial. Never suffer fools.

Don't invest your energy into one sided relationships, though keep things cordial just in case for later. But stay away from the toxic people that aren't beneficial

My energy and time are my most valuable possessions. I try to exude positive vibes during any and all interactions. I've had some of the most random interactions turn themselves into real opportunities later down the line.

No lie, was ubering about 4 weeks ago. Guy in my backseat mentioned he was having a shitty day. I offered him a joint. As we're smoking he gets a phone call, it's his general manager furious that she had to fire 3 people for stealing and she needs to fill their positions immediately. Less than 3 weeks later I'm picking up shifts at one of the busier restauruants in the city.

Shit like that happens to me all the time.

On the other hand like @1/2 said, I ain't losing sleep behind not fucking with someone or keeping up with them though. I'm very guarded with my energy and have a strong sense of discernment.

i think yall confusing networking with something else.

networking should go both ways....and it may take time to nurture and the benefit may not appear until much later.

but if I meet somebody....coworker, friend of a friend, in law, etc and I can immediately tell you cant really offer me anything, im honestly not interested in talking to you....I'll kick it right now but im not investing time and energy into being around you or making conversation

my in laws that know real estate and taxes....im fuckin wit them

coworkers that have side businesses or judges/lawyers in the family....im fuckin wit them

my barbers, tattoo artists, custom shoe/shirt/hat makers...im make sure to fuck with them AND their friends/partners

I dont really value empty relationships.....I cant, im too busy

I got "friends" that i'll holla at when im in the hood, but im not calling them when we have a get together

yes, im calling the ones I know can bring shit and dont need a ride back lol

I think this has a lot more to do with age and prioritizing than anything else

and none of that is one sided.....we have a cab company, my wife does notary, income taxes, auto titles, etc

our friends and family benefit from that, of course

from free rides to flags being waved....we barter a lot

my little brother and her older sister work for the cab company

the tattoo artist I told ya'll about that owes me, we gave him a job when he needed one and I "sold" him my truck and another car we got off a repo

we've never paid cash for tatts

"You only get as far in life as the people you talk to" -50 Cent

For a few years I only been around people that are successful or trying to build something of their own. Life is too short and at my age I can't be constantly trying to motivate someone when they don't want it.

If I can't learn something from someone, or if they can't introduce me to new opportunities, I'm not interested in talking.

I've been dealing with this day trading group in my city for a while now. I'm there with the group every morning. (Yes they are black.)

I don't think it's possible to nurture something and get nothing out of it. If you're putting time and effort in it's because you're either making yourself feel better (checking up on older family members or friends you haven't seen in a while, throwing a dub to niece/nephew to get themselves something from the store, etc) or you're hoping to get some use of them later...if you check on them they'll check on you, if you do em a favor they'll throw you an opportunity in the future.

I suck at checking up on people, but I’m also not the person that hits you out the blue just cause I need something. For the most part I pretty much fw you if you are part of my day-to-day. Does that mean my answer is yes?

Back