Do you know the difference in using technology and being addicted to technology?

DOS_patos

Unverified Legion of Trill member
Apr 4, 2017
Do you wake up and check your phone before you take the morning piss?

do you search for things to learn about it or to get enough information to act like you already knew about it?

do you feel its important to show people that you are having fun while out, so a selfie is needed?

Did you ever see a child try to "swipe" a paper page?

Can you still communicate in person? do you make eye contact longer than you look at your phone?

Is your life hidden behind your photos and posts and 140 letters?

Can you remember better without checking your phone?

do you hold a shallow in person convo while texting or emailing three or more other people?

Can you spell without auto-correct?

when was the last time you wrote with a pen and paper more than 5 sentences?

ever see two people out at a restaurant, both on their phones a not speaking to each other?

Does it make your parents happy that they can now see you as they talk to you?

When was the last time you warmed up food in the oven vs the microwave?

Do you check your Ring door camera to see if your mate got someone creeping in while your at work or if your kids sneaking people in to fuck on?

Do you track the location or your mate or kids, just because?

do you love it when it helps you but hate it when you cant hide from it?

How many times do you check your phone for texts, emails, new posts or if its on because you didnt get any alerts?

Does getting likes give you an addictive rush?

Do you have a rule in your house "no technology after a certain time"?

are we becoming too dependent on technology?

so is tech helping you (making you life better)or are you just addicted to it(cant live without)?
lets talk about it.

I was going to make a similar thread.

Nah I'm done with facebook tho.

But I personally know some women who had a baby because their life was boring and they were getting flabby.

So if her selfies ain't getting the attention. The baby will.

People are legit having kids for likes. It's sickening.

I was going to make a similar thread.

Nah I'm done with facebook tho.

But I personally know some women who had a baby because their life was boring and they were getting flabby.

So if her selfies ain't getting the attention. The baby will.

People are legit having kids for likes. It's sickening.
WTF?

are you serious?

Do you wake up and check your phone before you take the morning piss?

Na I dont do it asap, I do rely on its alarm clock capabilities.

do you search for things to learn about it or to get enough information to act like you already knew about it?

I enjoy having an esoteric mind, so I do enjoy using it as a learning / research tool.

do you feel its important to show people that you are having fun while out, so a selfie is needed?

Fuck a selfie, I'm a grown man. Thats how folks get knocked!

Did you ever see a child try to "swipe" a paper page?

Never, these days kids are being taught on these technological tools, so paper will be obsolete to them going forward.

Can you still communicate in person? do you make eye contact longer than you look at your phone?

I've always been an introvert, so i always had issues keeping convos to a degree.

Is your life hidden behind your photos and posts and 140 letters?

Never, if I gotta bomb a motherfucka out i'll use 141 lol

Can you remember better without checking your phone?

I use it to help me remember dates and bill dates, but half the time i dont ever know the date.

do you hold a shallow in person convo while texting or emailing three or more other people?

Im the same way on text as in person, I dont let phone or technology dictate my personality

Can you spell without auto-correct?

ITHINKICAN, I can spell.

when was the last time you wrote with a pen and paper more than 5 sentences?

Every so often, a phone is just convenient.

ever see two people out at a restaurant, both on their phones a not speaking to each other?

Absolutely, and its sickening..Gen Z kids

Does it make your parents happy that they can now see you as they talk to you?

As I live in a different state as my folks, yes it helps all of us!

When was the last time you warmed up food in the oven vs the microwave?

Every day at work unfortunately, nothing over 2mins tho ever no matter what it is.

Do you check your Ring door camera to see if your mate got someone creeping in while your at work or if your kids sneaking people in to fuck on?

Dont have one

Do you track the location or your mate or kids, just because?

Na feds be watching, all locations are off except on my map app and thats only if im driving a distance.

do you love it when it helps you but hate it when you cant hide from it?

The way its attached to out "hip" it can never hide...and i wouldnt say it helps i thinks its just a convenient tool.

How many times do you check your phone for texts, emails, new posts or if its on because you didnt get any alerts?

Not much, unless in at work and im not always near my computre and i have to respond to email a few times a day

Does getting likes give you an addictive rush?

na only feels and thumb downs..lol jk. Idk if ppl like or dislike my content

Do you have a rule in your house "no technology after a certain time"?

I try to not use it much when im home. My daughter is my focal point and my attentiveness to her is important.

are we becoming too dependent on technology?

Yes as a whole in society

so is tech helping you (making you life better)or are you just addicted to it(cant live without)?
lets talk about it.

Its an additive that helps and hurts.

Social media is toxic. They're addicted to likes since they get instant dopamine by people liking and commenting even tho you just put out a pic yesterday.

It's not like you changed since then

But yea the same ones used to post 10 selfies a day on IG and now they have a kid with no father around and they just post 20 pics of the kid a day.

I had to pick up my niece after school yesterday. She is currently on punishment for some bad language she did on social media (she's 13) and she's grounded and her phone has been restricted to talk/text only. I tried to call her to let her know that I had arrived but it just went to voicemail. I had to go into the school to find her. I asked why she didn't answer her phone and she said she just left it at home because mom took everything off. I'm like its still a PHONE. She just looks at me and says oh yeah it is but I never just talk on it. It's sad.

I had to pick up my niece after school yesterday. She is currently on punishment for some bad language she did on social media (she's 13) and she's grounded and her phone has been restricted to talk/text only. I tried to call her to let her know that I had arrived but it just went to voicemail. I had to go into the school to find her. I asked why she didn't answer her phone and she said she just left it at home because mom took everything off. I'm like its still a PHONE. She just looks at me and says oh yeah it is but I never just talk on it. It's sad.
i was sitting here like.....did i miss something.

lol.

it is sad

Social media is toxic. They're addicted to likes since they get instant dopamine by people liking and commenting even tho you just put out a pic yesterday.

It's not like you changed since then

But yea the same ones used to post 10 selfies a day on IG and now they have a kid with no father around and they just post 20 pics of the kid a day.

The dumbest shyt I've heard, is folks breaking up b/c their s/o wouldn't change their FB status to "In A Relationship"

If you're basing the state of your relationship solely on a FB status...do your s/o and the rest of society a favor and...KYS.

im not in the least bit addicted to the phone

the internet itself is a different story.....ive always loved this shit since we got a computer (thru rent-a-center) and the aol trial disks

have always been into something on it since then.....it plugs me in to the whole world

I really hate holding my phone and breaking my neck but I'll sit on a desktop for hours and hours in silence....wont even go use the bathroom

my eyes hurt right now.....slow day at work

Reactions: deadeye and KINGEC