Welcome To aBlackWeb

Do You Hate Where You Grew Up At?

Big_Ev

Mr. Brick City
My wife and I always had this conversation. I grew up in Newark during the New Jersey drive era where craziness was around the corner. My wife is from a small town in South Jersey outside of Camden. She hates almost everything about it and every time we go back, not even five minutes, she is ready to leave. Do you guys hate or dislike where you grew up at?

Not really. Neighborhood was cool. Majority of my family was nearby.

My neighborhood had it flaws...drug dealers...i think a gang (but I don't believe that ever existed)...bad rep (overblown shyt). If anything went down...RARELY that shyt would be out in the open.

Nowadays tho...shyt is quiet as mouse. For the most part everyone is chillin in their homes. Kids would be out playin. That's it.

Philly is a great city. With a lot of solid people.
But
Tons of haterz if you have a different mindset and want more in life. Niggaz love to bring someone down.
Shit is a different animal than other places I been in.
It's still my city

I don’t hate it, but I feel like I’ve outgrown it..
I have a lot of dead homies, and a lot of family and friends locked up.. The ones that aren’t dead or locked up are doing the same shit they were doing 15 years ago, smoking weed, drinking liquor, selling they little drugs, and fucking the neighborhood broads..

Shit is depressing…

Back