Welcome To aBlackWeb

Do you care if you are a good friend or not?

DOS_patos

Unverified Legion of Trill member
how do you know if you are a good friend or not? do you really even care?
not talking about associates.

I mean people you call friend, how do you know you are a good friend to them?
this aint about how they treat you.

stay focused

im a terrible friend but im honest about it, and avoid taking on new friends because of it

like im a cool guy when we kick it....but I've never been "stuck" on people cuz we moved so much

so I dont really call nobody, I dont need anyone with me to go out, I dont tag 10 people when I post a funny meme, etc

if you're cool with a lot of one sidedness, it works

I'm a okay friend but a great brother if I haven't been friends with you since high school and don't consider you my brother our "friendship" most likely has an expiry date on it or is a means to an end.

I'm a okay friend but a great brother if I haven't been friends with you since high school and don't consider you my brother our "friendship" most likely has an expiry date on it or is a means to an end.
so your friendship can be based on benefit?

Absolutely...one of my ā€œself acknowledgedā€ personal flaws I think is I can be loyal to a fault sometimes...if I fuck witā€™ you I fuck witā€™ you and Iā€™m conscious about treating my ā€œpeopleā€ better than just any muthafucka on tha streets...

Depends who you ask.

If you ask most of the niggas I came up with they'll say I was a good friend up until my mid 20s. That's when I realized I spent half of my 20s getting in trouble doing dumb shit and I accomplished nothing during that time. I had to cut most of my niggas off who still wanted to run the street, plus I needed time to focus on me and on what I needed to do to get to where i need to be.

I still try to check up on niggas from time to time, but I'm sure a couple niggas feel I turned my back on em. Shit a couple of them niggas are in jail as I type. I just put money on one of them niggas' books last week. Me and that nigga used to chill everyday, before he went in we barely talked once every 3 months. But like anybody I fuck with, if you need anything I got u, I just can't kick it with you heavy no more.

I trt to be

But im not that type that will have your side no matter what

If ur wrong ima tell u ur wrong, but if u wanna make it right ill help to a certain degree if i can

so your friendship can be based on benefit?

Not completely, it reads shittier than I meant but yeah it's been a factor at times.
Proximity plays a role too. Like how often I see you or cross paths. People gravitate towards me at work cause im that nigga but it's only 2 people I work with I speak to outside the workplace, 1 I consider him my brother the other I'm trying to fuck.
Like if I don't consider you brother/sis (the difference) I'd never just call or text you to say what up or hangout in my off time.

If I ride with you I'm down for you. If I consider you my friend I will guard you like the gates of heaven.

Not completely, it reads shittier than I meant but yeah it's been a factor at times.
Proximity plays a role too. Like how often I see you or cross paths. People gravitate towards me at work cause im that nigga but it's only 2 people I work with I speak to outside the workplace, 1 I consider him my brother the other I'm trying to fuck.
Like if I don't consider you brother/sis (the difference) I'd never just call or text you to say what up or hangout in my off time.

yeah I've always made that clear with co workers and some people dont get that

we're here together because we both need money, that wasnt the world aligning us to be real friends lol

I have no desire to ever kick it with any coworkers like that.....never will

my brother in law just lost a high paying position doing a little bit of nothing for being friendly and letting his employees in his personal business and in his house

not trying to derail the thread but I've noticed a lot of white people dont really draw that line between "day ones" and new random people.....their "crew" of buddies is usually their coworkers....theres a bunch of em here that go out for lunch together every day and be at each others house on the weekends.....fuckallat lol

Yeah, I might be a bad friend

A home boy just hit my phone asking if I had a cashapp

I was like what for? Everybody I give money to and give money to me live in my fucking house..

Don't no body else send me shit, so I don't send nobody else shit either...

He just said I was funny as shit and hung up....
:smh:

I think Iā€™m a good friend, Iā€™ve been told I am. I donā€™t call anyone much but my true friends donā€™t need me to call them all the time to know whatā€™s up.

Back