Welcome To aBlackWeb

Do y'all still buy hip hop magazines (which ones?)

I use to collect those magazines back in the days. Still got them. My collection is huge
The Source and XXL lost its credibility a long time ago.

I would suggest street magazines like FELON or F.E.D.S., Don Diva, Mass Appeal, HipHop Connection, Phat Puffs, Straight Stuntin, ASIS, Rhymes & Dimes, 4 Front are cool too...

A lot of real hip hop magazine that were popular in the 90's went out of print. i got em tho?

Personally Felon magazine is my favorite

Same bro, I still got a huge stash of hip hop and basketball mags... I still got the Vida Guerra playboy mag too haha

IMO Hip Hop Connection was lowkey the best hip hop magazine out of all them, they had loads of underground artists on there too and have out free CDs...

Schitt, I used to spend hours reading magazines back in the day... This generation is missing out how dope it was to read a mag or buy and open a CD etc... Everything now is so disposable because its just a click away...

Anybody actually ever buy one of them iced chains or watches from the back of the magazine??? lol

From diamonds to big ass chains: A brief history of jewelry in hip-hop

This old ass site that I still have in my dusty ass bookmarks has some good nostalgic drops

I dont still purchase magazines, but I was a bit buyer of them in the early to late 00's.

Used to collect:

The Source
XXL
Scratch
High Times
Vibe occasionally.

Lots of dope interviews and all kinds of shit. Wish i kept all of them, but being young i figured they were all worthless so once i moved I threw them out.

I had that XXL when 50 came out that had 50, Eminem, and Dr. Dre posed on the cover.

Just dug out the magazines I saved, I'll get some pics up later... Im pissed off through a load out few years back, I knew I would regret it...

Here are some pics of the mags I saved, mostly anniversary editions so they only go back to year 2000... I knew I would regret throwing most of them away, I thought I saved the Vibe mag with the Pac interview but clearly not smh

NtK5g2.jpg

NtKoi3.jpg

NtK7Sk.jpg

NtKUdM.jpg

NtKA1w.jpg

NtKCtE.jpg

NtKmZo.jpg

NtKDor.jpg

NtKGZR.jpg

NtK9nh.jpg

NtKfxx.jpg

NtKHwb.jpg

NtKloj.jpg

NtK8rS.jpg

NtKVv8.jpg

NtKbYa.jpg

Papoose got next!!!

NtKuou.jpg

NtKKrc.jpg

NtKwr4.jpg

NtKLxF.jpg

NtKq0l.jpg

NtKTUG.jpg

NtKMvN.jpg

Cooking with MF DOOM...

NtKzhC.jpg

NtKcnL.jpg

When I was a teenager I was in love with Vida, so when she was fully butt nekid in Playboy I lost my mind haha

NtKdkX.jpg

One for @genocide_cutter haha

NtKxdg.jpg

NtKi01.jpg

NtKPUW.jpg

NtKYiP.jpg

Last edited:
Goddamn, some of those mags GOTTA be worth some money. If not today then I would imagine one day.

Crazy seeing an ad for 50s power of the dollar, release date and all.

Goddamn, some of those mags GOTTA be worth some money. If not today then I would imagine one day.

Crazy seeing an ad for 50s power of the dollar, release date and all.

@Word....Life and @Bed$tuy may have some that are worth money but dont think I do tbh especially as they are in pretty poor condition... Maybe some of the NBA ones might be worth a little bit...

Its just really interesting looking back at them though... Like you say, its funny seeing 50's Power of the Dollar not knowing how big he would be...

I dug out some of my old basketball mags too, some go back to 1998!!!

Kobe covers...

NtKF34.jpg

So strange seeing the words 'CD ROM' haha

NtKWhk.jpg

NtKBzM.jpg

NtKkau.jpg

Jordan covers

NtKOqi.jpg

NtKE1X.jpg

NtKgw2.jpg

Vince

NtKSqE.jpg

NtK30a.jpg

Yo, how can they sell this 'hang time in a bottle'??? Sounds like the pisstake commercials on GTA lmao

NtKvsG.jpg

That Webber pic is so damn disrespeckful. Lol!!

Back