Welcome To aBlackWeb

Do y'all still buy hip hop magazines (which ones?)

I wish I still had my old collection. Had The Source from 1990 until '96 or 97 with a handful of magazines after that. Had some Rappages and a few others too.

Shit ain't even the same these days.

I haven’t bought a hip hop magazine since high school & that was like...’05. Used to have a ton of XXL & Source joints under the bed. Hopefully they collecting dust in my moms new house. Should probably ask what she did with those.

• Goat
Reactions: 1/2
Whats this thing called "buy" you speak of? I googled it, some early 2000s stuff came up.....

I used to fuck with them when somebody I fucked with was the feature or they had enough other interesting articles or whatever. Never consistently. Definitely don't fuck with them now, but if I'm passing a magazine rack...I might glance over.

XXL was my Go to.

Matter fact, I'll still hop on their website every now and then to check shit out.

Nope. Back when i was a kid I used to go to the Mom and Pops corner store and pick up The Source and XXL and Scratch Magazine whenever they were available. Rolling Stone occasionally depending on who the main story was.

Them shits were expensive too. Or maybe just seemed expensive to 12 year old me

scratch magazine was the one for me. focused initially on producers/engineers/djs. was cool before xxl bought them out and made it another artists mag

took me awhile after they went under to got all the issues off ebay

aight so who all bought one of them mail in chains for $39.99?

i had the one I was gone get cut out w/ the matching earrings

and a beat machine

I used to get XXL & Source, checked out complex, king. Used to be cool reading flipping through them. Social media has it all now

Back