Welcome To aBlackWeb

Do The Older Generation Give Up On The Younger Generation Too Easily?

I’m apart of the tail end of Generation X, so I’m going to speak on BOTH sides.

The Boomers BEEN sold us and everyone after us out. The last eight years alone has shown us who they are dedicated to…themselves. They assume that the world is the same then back in the 70s and 80s, when a full-time job somehow fed a family of four, and everyone with a HS diploma could honestly take care of themselves for life.

I believe that Gen X is at its wits end with the Millennials and Gen Z. We’ve been pretty patient with these rising generations, but it’s been a FUCKLOAD of disrespect out here in these streets by this kids/young adults.

One could argue that Gen X and the Xennials have been trying to world this world together between the beef between the greedy Ol bastards of The Boomers and the entitled snotty nose Millennials/Gen Zers.

There is some truth to this.

Problem is, more often than not, too many young people seem to lump all the old people in one category.

And end up treating the ones they should respect the same way they treat the ones that they don't respect.

Once that happens, a lot of us have the mentality of doing the same thing.

Basically saying, "ok, these youngins think they know everything, I'll just keep quiet and let them figure things out for themselves."

One thing I've noticed with this younger generation is an animosity/resentment towards the older generation.

We weren't like that when we were young.

Granted, just like most young people, we thought we knew everything..........but that didn't result in any kind of hatred or disrespect towards our elders.

Either that or I just wasn't paying attention to it.
The resentment comes from their bleak future caused by the older generation. Kids coming out of high school to a pointless war and a recession. Cant afford to go to school, or take out loans to go to school you'd have to pay back for like the rest of your life. Cant afford healthcare, no decent paying jobs or jobs that want a degree for entry level position that pays like nothing. All the affordable houses is being torn down for luxury w/e. They have to work crazy hours just barely afford rent while realizing they'll probably never be able to afford a home.

And the list keeps on going, but to top it off, the older generation mainly says its these kids fault, and calls them lazy. Or want to compare things they got when they were young like they were facing the same obstacles.

I’m apart of the tail end of Generation X, so I’m going to speak on BOTH sides.

The Boomers BEEN sold us and everyone after us out. The last eight years alone has shown us who they are dedicated to…themselves. They assume that the world is the same then back in the 70s and 80s, when a full-time job somehow fed a family of four, and everyone with a HS diploma could honestly take care of themselves for life.

I believe that Gen X is at its wits end with the Millennials and Gen Z. We’ve been pretty patient with these rising generations, but it’s been a FUCKLOAD of disrespect out here in these streets by this kids/young adults.

One could argue that Gen X and the Xennials have been trying to world this world together between the beef between the greedy Ol bastards of The Boomers and the entitled snotty nose Millennials/Gen Zers.
Keep in mind a lot of Gen X are the kids of these greedy boomers. I've seen a few of these kids lecturing millennial and Gen Z while they live in a house & work a job their boomer parents set up for them.

The resentment comes from their bleak future caused by the older generation. Kids coming out of high school to a pointless war and a recession. Cant afford to go to school, or take out loans to go to school you'd have to pay back for like the rest of your life. Cant afford healthcare, no decent paying jobs or jobs that want a degree for entry level position that pays like nothing. All the affordable houses is being torn down for luxury w/e. They have to work crazy hours just barely afford rent while realizing they'll probably never be able to afford a home.

And the list keeps on going, but to top it off, the older generation mainly says its these kids fault, and calls them lazy. Or want to compare things they got when they were young like they were facing the same obstacles.

Ok, that explains the resentment...........but the resentment is misplaced.

Don't understand how you can blame older generations for any of that.

For the most part, we're all just cogs in the system trying to make the best out of our situations.

The government.........the system..........those are the institutions to blame.

Not people who have little to no control over any of those things.

Last edited:
Older generation sold them out due to ignorance, so why should they listen to a silly ignorant ass person. My own peers are some ignorant motherfuckers so why should the younger generation listen to their goofy ass. Too dumb and ignorant to talk to and always have to be right because they didn't die. No that's not how it goes, you can survive to old age and still be a goofy ass fool. Fools do grow old. Lived long enough to see that shit happen and the youth are spotting that shit. You gotta earn your eldership and have to work on always evolving that's the way the world is going. Evolution is the way to go.

Although, I'm an early millennial but I've been seeing a lot from my generation acting like this too. They be wondering why some of the kids doesn't respect them. Too busy trying to look cool and be their "friend" than discipline them as a parent. Dawg, I'm in my 30s and whenever I visit my parent's house, I still don't cuss around her lol. My mother is the nicest person in the world, but she wasn't ever out to be my friend nor my siblings, and still have the greatest bond with her. None of the "Imma listen to UGK because my son listen to them". My mother would be disturbed if she heard our generation music and quickly put back on her Anita Baker in peace lol. I say all to say, I'm glad she wasn't trying to be my friend; be my mother.

Keep in mind a lot of Gen X are the kids of these greedy boomers. I've seen a few of these kids lecturing millennial and Gen Z while they live in a house & work a job their boomer parents set up for them.
There are even millennials that have boomer parents. Remember millennials cover from like 81 to 96

I work with a dude always bragging about how he didn't give his kids shit when they left the house because he wanted them to know what it was like to work hard to achieve like him. Dude was an Ivy League legacy and his pops broke him off with 100K after he graduated college.

People are crazy.

Back