Welcome To aBlackWeb

Do Opposites Attract?

My S/O /Person I'm Dating

• Total voters

Goldie

I Just Want Some Chips
Site Owner
Do people who are opposites really attract?

Is your S/O or the person you're dating the opposite of you?

Ofc 2 people aren't exactly alike or completely opposite, but do you and your S/O have more things in common or more things different?​

I'm quiet, but I think I might be more compatible with someone who's more outspoken. They gotta match my humor tho. He can't be bland and serious all the time.
I'm pretty stubborn too so someone as stubborn as me probably wouldn't work for too long lol.

People tend to date who they are familiar with, not who they are actually compatible with. So with that said, people tend to do well when people date and marry someone with morals, values, religious, politics and etc is similar, but having different hobbies and outlook on it keeps the relationship interesting. So if you date someone who is the opposite of all of that, it's not going to end well especially with children involved.

To an extent. I think this saying is more about femininity and masculinity than about values, beliefs, and personalities, though.

My wife & I have a lot of similarities but for the most part we complete opposites. I’m outgoing, she’s more chill. She’s more of neat freak & I’m just like “it’ll wait till tomorrow”. There’s a lot more differences but I ain’t opening that can of worms at the moment. Lol.

To an extent. I think this saying is more about femininity and masculinity than about values, beliefs, and personalities, though.

I'm pretty sure it's more of than that, it's about people who come from different lifestyles becoming a relationship but on a heterosexual field.

I think we have more in common than different. She more into hiphop i think from like a techinical point im more just listening to what i like and not open to alot of new stuff in rap, she more outgoing than I am of course, but on social issues we are very close to the same, im not going be at a lbgqt parade or anything tho. We both feel the same on blackness.

As far as non serious stuff our humour is around the same, she turn up way more than I can tho, im more smoke and chill she more drink and excitement just gotta find out how to balance.

I dont think literal opposites can ever work long term

I think its more that those who thought they were complete opposites then eventually realize they have more in common than initially assumed makes the relationship more attractive.

But then there are also ppl who prefer not to step outside their comfort zones personality or looks wise

I'm pretty sure it's more of than that, it's about people who come from different lifestyles becoming a relationship but on a heterosexual field.

You might be right. Rethinking this over after reading some responses, I think the key is tolerance. If both people are tolerant and appreciative of the differences between them then relationships with very different people can still work.

My wife is the opposite of me in a lot of aspects

In mixed company I talk little/she floats around the room talking to everyone

I’m relatively emotionally even keeled/she’s wildly emotional

Takes a good bit to get to me/she’s very sensitive

I speak monotone/she’s very vocally expressive

I’m real with people/she’s two faced

She loves family events/I hate em

She likes scary movies and murder/I like comedies and suspense

I’m an 80’s baby/she’s a 70’s baby

But she’s a commodity to me cause she’s very efficiently resourceful when it comes to taking care of things that require personal traits that I lack.

And on the flip side I to her am the same

Can't date or be with someone who's like me. I'm a grumpy asshole and quiet. I need someone with a different type of energy so we can have something in a relationship.

It’s worked both ways with me. I’ve had an ex who was nonchalant and laid back af and one who was just like me a little bit.

my lady is very stylish.....i dont care that much about clothes and sneakers and shit.
i am better with money but she pays bills on time.

other than that....we compliment each other

We are more things that are not in common but we have very important beliefs that are exact. But if you are listing them on a paper there probably are a lot more trivial things that we are completely opposite on and meaningful things that we agree on.

I do see at the same time personality can mean nothing. When I was younger personality came second, I usually ignored who a chick was until I had sex with her a couple times.

Then I’d end up spending time with them, and the rush of wanting to fuck them wears off cause I fucked them already. And I’d be

BE659A2B-3876-4634-B640-13E5DE425784.jpeg This bitch boring..

722E0521-3EDB-488C-AB5B-C7E2E0048DDE.jpeg This bitch stupid..

722E0521-3EDB-488C-AB5B-C7E2E0048DDE.jpeg This bitch ghetto..

722E0521-3EDB-488C-AB5B-C7E2E0048DDE.jpeg Bitch can’t drss for shit..

BE659A2B-3876-4634-B640-13E5DE425784.jpeg This bitch clingly as fuck..

BE659A2B-3876-4634-B640-13E5DE425784.jpeg This bitch always smell like mildew..

BE659A2B-3876-4634-B640-13E5DE425784.jpeg I hate this bitches voice..

BE659A2B-3876-4634-B640-13E5DE425784.jpeg This bitch crazy..

BE659A2B-3876-4634-B640-13E5DE425784.jpeg Bitch said she lost her virginity to her dads best friend at 14..and love it..fuck is wrong wit me..

BE659A2B-3876-4634-B640-13E5DE425784.jpeg This bitch family is nuts..

BE659A2B-3876-4634-B640-13E5DE425784.jpeg This bitch always in my homeboys face..

BE659A2B-3876-4634-B640-13E5DE425784.jpeg This bitch breath always smell like ass..

BE659A2B-3876-4634-B640-13E5DE425784.jpeg This bitch a different kinda ugly..

BE659A2B-3876-4634-B640-13E5DE425784.jpeg Ion feel like being wit this bitch..

BE659A2B-3876-4634-B640-13E5DE425784.jpeg This bitch superficial as fuck

All of these happened individually after fuckin a chick..

I have no idea how I’m married..

Now it’s

BE659A2B-3876-4634-B640-13E5DE425784.jpeg Why can’t I win the lottery so I can leave this chick

we have similar values and different interests. which is what I like.
This right here is straight and to the point.. its logically idiotic to be with someone with values on the opposite end of spectrum there has to be intersection in at least that. the most important of it all there were other great post in here but this said everything imo

we're the same as far as values, goals, and home life

two opposite ends of the world otherwise....seems to work just fine

we're the same as far as values, goals, and home life

two opposite ends of the world otherwise....seems to work just fine
Bretheren, your wife posted on the IC for a while or at least you posted her picture right? I think I remember something like that.

Back