Welcome To aBlackWeb

Disney+ Disney's Peter Pan & Wendy

think of that shitty winnie the pooh horror movie that came out recently and damn sure wasnt released by disney lol
Didn't see it see I'll take your word for it. So if they don't make the movies themselves then other companies can make them?

Didn't see it see I'll take your word for it. So if they don't make the movies themselves then other companies can make them?

I aint watch that bullshit either lol.

but yeah I think in some cases a copyright can expire.. and if they arent renewed they become public domain

Walt Disney Co. has controlled the rights to Winnie-the-Pooh since 1961 and kept depictions of Milne's talking animals true to the spirit of the family-friendly material. The copyright expired in January 2022. Since then, Winnie-the-Pooh and his friends have been available to the public for other purposes

They have to do remakes to keep them from hitting public domain however, live action is cheaper than paying animators royalties.
From what i read, this is not necessarily true. The copyrights expire but they still have trademarks on those characters. So they cant flat out be copied even after the copyrights expire. The main reason is money. Remakes saves on money and time. They dont have to remake something from scratch. They know for a fact people will go and watch. So they will make a lot

For Pan Fans

PRAISE: Peter Pan is in my top 20 of favorite fictional characters. From J.M Barries book,Disney's 1952 animated film, The 1991 movie Hook with the late great Robin Williams and even 2015's Pan film I've enjoyed all versions of Pans story.
This version is well acted by the entire cast who definitely give it their all with enthusiastic performances.
I really liked that the first half of the movie doesn't waste time .It hits the ground running with the key players and all of the facts about the characters weaved into moments of fun,peril and magic. There are some slight changes to the story that I didn't mind.
I was impressed by what was done visually in a number of sequences and praise to everyone behind the set design and CGI work.
All of the legendary things about Pan are in the movie that brought a smile to my face several times.
Now in the second half I didn't mind getting to the core of some characters but....

PROBLEMS: It's as if the movie said ok let's slow things up a bit and put a few of these characters on a psychiatrist's couch and talk about their wounded psyches for about 15 minutes. What happened to the fun and magic?
The CGI is a bit off in some scenes so much so visually some scenes got unintentional laughter out of me.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 7½

Back