Welcome To aBlackWeb

DISCUSSION - Meditation

Goldie

I Just Want Some Chips
Site Owner
Do any of you meditate?

If so, why and how did you begin?

What advice would you give to someone who's new to meditation?​

Yes I meditate daily. More than once most of the time.

Why:

Because I tried everything else to quiet the noise in my head and bring peace to the I/EYE within and nothing worked.
Everything else was external. Something you had to 'accept', join or there was something you had to give up to be apart of some group and live in the way THEY want you to.

Nothing else focused on knowing the "I/EYE" within. Nothing else taught you how to cultivate your own inner powers and have the confidence in self as meditating did. Most teach you how to rely on someone/something else. And many times, in these teachings... you may feel you find something special but lose yourself in the process.

First time I mediated:

I felt like all was lost, I ran outside in a rain/thunderstorm fell to my knees in tears, closed my eyes and just sat there on the sidewalk. The silence was the loudest noise I have ever heard in my life. I sat there until it stopped. Until nothing else around me mattered. Until the only thing left was me... my I and there, I found peace.

From there I started reading and absorbing things like a freaking sponge there isn't anything I won't read. I found my peace in it and never looked back. Now it's a necessity to sort my thoughts and be the best ME I can be.

Advice: Do not have expectations. Do not use others experiences to gauge your own or as a template to what meditating should be like for you, for you will be disappointed and discouraged.

We all have a different light and meditating will be different for us all.

Start small. Try sitting still and silent, breathing deeply for maybe 2 - 4 min at first and gradually increase as you gain control over your thoughts.

And.. be open minded. forget everything you have been taught in life. Try to have a clean slate for the universe/yourself to work with.

Last edited:
I used to and I stopped but when I did it I was self reflecting, I never stopped doing that.

I begin to do it to see if it would help me get out of my depression.

I have and need to do it more often.
It clears my head and gives me a better perspective on the world.
It really works and I suggest it to everyone

Yes.

Can't remember the exact circumstance at the moment but for the most part it was spontaneous...

Began at 1 min at a time... And my record at this point is 4 1/2 hours in one sitting.

I'll stick to the mundane benefits this time around. Increased clarity, a break down of negative thought patterns, perceptions, and attitudes, spontaneous and holistic happiness, control of release of endorphins at will, better memory (for the most part lol, still trash due to childhood illness but its much better lol) occasional mind reading, significant drop in blood pressure are all things that manifest through the trial and tribulations of my practice.

For laymen searching for mundane benefit, practice disengaging ones attention on the stream of thoughts. Especially ones that cause emotion.

Seems impossible in the beginning but with time and effort you will free up intellectual capacity wrapped up in the bs to be used the way it was meant to be.

That's all I'll say, for nkw

I love meditating...

I started awhile back, I meditate because It brings me peace, it quiets my mind, It is my form of being in touch with my soul, my spiritual time. When I meditate I feel so much lighter internally and externally...

There are different types of meditation. I usually jog and meditate during my workouts, or sit still meditate.

I think you should try meditating, because it helps you be in full connect with your self, self awareness is good for all of us...there are many benefits to meditating.

Give it a try and update us how it goes...

I want to start but i have trouble honing in on complete silence. I always hear traces of sounds from the day which distracts me

I want to start but i have trouble honing in on complete silence. I always hear traces of sounds from the day which distracts me

Then play soothing music, Tibet bowls or native American sounds etc.

There are TONS to choose from on YouTube.

Create a mantra. A mantra that you would like to use all the time.. Recite that mantra over and over. There are different types of ways to quiet the mind. You know the mind is very powerful that it does not want to be quiet? So our mind wants to keep making noises and pays attention to all the little noises around us. Once you learn to shut the mind up, you will be in control of your meditation time. But, it takes time to master it. Don't get discourage because that's what the mind wants you to do...

you and reesey are two peas in a pod

she's been telling me this for a while lol

Oneness, Meditate Iditate looking inward or even praying by yourself. It is all the same thing. People's word makes things more complicated if you take a minute just to stop and think it is a form of meditation. You probably do it already and don't even realize that you do. If you want to do it consciously just start in the morning as you awake. Before you jump out of bed take some to reflect, journey and think before you start all the things that make up your day. I read a page from a book of knowledge and then take an inward journey gathering and collecting my thoughts. I also try to at the end of the night to recap my day. Now I agree with @ Cain that yes sometimes that involves the herb but it doesn't always have to.

The interesting thing is people talk about freeing their mind. Iditate helps me focus my mind. It lets me take journeys mentally instead of physically. I guess like others have said it is a personal journey but don't expect to sit and make your mind stop.

I love meditating...

I started awhile back, I meditate because It brings me peace, it quiets my mind, It is my form of being in touch with my soul, my spiritual time. When I meditate I feel so much lighter internally and externally...

There are different types of meditation. I usually jog and meditate during my workouts, or sit still meditate.

I think you should try meditating, because it helps you be in full connect with your self, self awareness is good for all of us...there are many benefits to meditating.

Give it a try and update us how it goes...
I know you. You're mad familiar b

Back