Welcome To aBlackWeb

Diddy vs JD Verzuz (?)

A better match up would be JD vs maybe Pharell
They are in the same weight class for sure but JD catalogue too deep for Pharrell

JD literally been making relevant music since like 1991 bro

when we talk about longevity and relevancy in this game…

its only 3 niggas that can claim that

Sean Combs
Jermaine Dupri
Andre Young

so again all this “JD aint got enough” is fucking 🧢 bruh

niggas just really dont know black music enough…and its ok

They are in the same weight class for sure but JD catalogue too deep for Pharrell

JD literally been making music since like 1991 bro

Sean Combs
Jermaine Dupri
Andre Young

Ehhh JD credits begin in 90 .... Pharrell credits begin w Rump Shaker in 92

JD literally been making relevant music since like 1991 bro

Sean Combs
Jermaine Dupri
Andre Young

Not saying he don't but to me his hip hop records are underwhelming when you go up against the Puff's and Dre's and Puff can match JD's R&B songs. It's not that JD is wack cause he's not he's just not fucking with the true heavy hitters in the game. Those two are tier 1 whle JD is Tier 2

But he has better numbers than them two across the boards

Plus u ain’t never hear no ghost producing ghost writing shot bout JD
Jermaine Dupri
Ghostwriter: Nas, Skillz, Jay Z
Song In Question: "Money Ain't A Thang"

Producer, label boss, A&R, executive; these types of titles, when piled upon one another, don't usually add up to "brilliant lyricist." It's little surprise then that Jermaine Dupri used ghostwriters throughout his recording career, but at least he used some of the best in the business. Skillz name-dropped Dupri on the infamous "Ghostwriter" track, while both Jay and Nas are rumored to have lent their pens as well.

Read More: A History of Rappers Accused of Using Ghostwriters - XXL | https://www.xxlmag.com/rappers-accused-using-ghostwriters/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral
You’ve ghostwritten for the biggest names in the industry, such as P. Diddy, Foxy Brown, Ma$e and Jermaine Dupri. Do you feel like your ghostwriting has hindered your own career?
Nah, I feel like it’s balanced out because I’ve made a lot of connections that have turned into other opportunities from songwriting. I definitely don’t feel like it’s held me back. I know what I’m good at. I’m not good at crunk music. I’m not good at hyphy music. I’m not good at Baltimore club music. I make good hip-hop music for people that appreciate hip-hop music. That’s it.

Read More: Skillz I’m The Dopest - XXL | https://www.xxlmag.com/skillz-im-the-dopest/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

It never stuck but there were rumors

Back