did your folks pass out Halloween candy as a child?

I know. It was just corny is all I'm saying

My church doesn’t do even a fall festival type thing for the kids.

But other churches do. Yeah, super corny, but I like it more than going door to door. Big parking lot, kids get candy, play games, win prizes.

Even though I go to church, yeah, they’re wildly corny at times lol

• Haha
Reactions: illestni99ainne
my parents were one of few families on my street to pass out candy... niggas acted to cheap to pass out candy but didn't mind sending their hoodlum children ringing on the chosen few families doorbell who were gracious enough to pass out candy.

Hell no. Thats white ppl shit imo

• Haha
Reactions: genocide_cutter
The Revenend didn’t believe Halloween was an appropriate holiday. We spent Halloween at church, having something called “Alleujah Night.”

I stopped going to that shit when I was 12.
some of these Reverends brainwash their congregations..... they want you to act the way you tell them..... but make sure you tithe 25% of your paycheck on Sunday.

• Ether
Reactions: genocide_cutter
Halloween lost a lot of its magic when I got too old to go trick or treating. But if I ever start a family at least I'll have candy to steal from my kids. Leave them with the candy corns n shit 😂.

Halloween lost a lot of its magic when I got too old to go trick or treating. But if I ever start a family at least I'll have candy to steal from my kids. Leave them with the candy corns n shit 😂.
dead@i'll have candy to steal from my kids.

they did once or twice when they could.

Other years it was turn the lights off so no one knows were home.
Pretty much this for my mom as well. I remember a few times growing up my mom did it, but not too many times due to financial constraints

Reactions: AZTG
Another thing in Chicago it's cold as fuck which is why I've never seen black people outside trick or treating