Welcome To aBlackWeb

Did you know who UGK were before Big Pimpin?

Did you know who UGK were before Big Pimpin?

• Yes

Votes: 51 65.4%
  • No

Votes: 27 34.6%

• Total voters
LLS knew about them well before big pimpin. Menace II Society soundtrack A Pocket Full of Stones first introduction and been rocking with them since then.

Didn’t know who UGK was after big pimpin

osaic.gif

Ever since pocket full of stones bitchhhhhh po up. Real shit Super Tight was a crankin album and then they always had a track with P or 8ball. That Big Pimpin just made them more mainstream

I was aware they existed, but I honestly thought they were mix tape niggaz considering the name🤷🏿‍♂️

That's life. I lived in Baltimore and Philly. Our introduction was big pimpin.

I remember freshman year in college we had a few niggaz from down south that would speak on them from the to time.... But again it was all new. But the first real song was definitely that

Pocket Full of Stones is what hipped me to them. I'm from the South but I only fucked with Scarface, Geto Boyz, Big Mike, Luke and crew and the goats of the South 8ball& MJG

He was tough and his fallout with J Prince and getting locked up fucked up what could've been a really good career.

loved the song 2real on my homies, didn’t know who it was for real, loved em on a lot of rap a lot features and never really sought them out never knew who they was lol. Like big mikes havin thangs always been one of my favorites but thought pimp was just a nigga singin hooks, back in the g I never had liner notes because I dubbed my uncles tapes. Ridin dirty was when I was a teenager and it was ahead of its time, too grown for us, and the other joint in like 2000 never reached me. Big pimpin was wild, but we wasn’t trippin on pimps verse which was iconic, we was more on Gloria Velez and dames dance, plus pimp was making grown man rap and we was kids. We ain’t give a fuck about leather and wood.

once pimp got out and I heard Int playas anthem I was on go like everybody else was, but still, never bought an album… pimp died I bought underground kings… heard swishas and dosha, it was over. Went on line wire and downloaded everything… Not to exclude bun, but pimp was a SPECIAL talent. One of the more slept on producers in his time.

I know I've already posted, but we been listening to UGK many years before Big Pimpin was thought of. Play Break'em Off Something in the club and play Pimp C part and watch how it set the club of down here

Yup. I'm from Milwaukee and the first song I heard was "Fuck My Car" on some compilation I listened to in Sam Goody in '96. Ridin' Dirty came out a few months later....I heard "Murder" and was hooked. I was too young to buy album though so I the first album I had was Dirty Money

Back