Welcome To aBlackWeb

Did Steve Carell blow it?

Soul_Rattler

The Office is bigger now than it was when it aired and 40 Year Old Virgin is a new age comedic classic.

Should he have been bigger or did he truly reach his peak?

The Office is bigger now than it was when it aired and 40 Year Old Virgin is a new age comedic classic.

Should he have been bigger or did he truly reach his peak?
Is the office really bigger?

I mean, i think more people have started watching it after it went off the air, but the best seasons feature him

I think he reached his peak and that character *the same one he was playing for yrs in movies and in tv* was losing its audience and I think effecting how ppl treated him IRL

I cant think of a single serious role he has outside of little miss sunshine

I think he reached his peak and that character *the same one he was playing for yrs in movies and in tv* was losing its audience and I think effecting how ppl treated him IRL

I cant think of a single serious role he has outside of little miss sunshine
the movie based on the true story about him being the wrestling coach

i havent seen it tho

I think he did well for himself and was smart not to pigeon hole himself into a certain role. He has big movies like (Minions, Despicable, Evan Almighty, and Anchorman) and some smaller critically praised films (Foxcatcher and the way way back).

Hard to look at his body of work and think that he blew it imo.

the movie based on the true story about him being the wrestling coach

i havent seen it tho
Oh yeah. That was dope af but I wouldn't have thought it had you not mentioned it. Same with a few other movies he's done in the last 4-5yrs. Unmemorable

That's what I'm saying he known for being the wacky stupid bumbling fool and that's where he peaked at. Serious Steve doesn't get the praise that Silly Steve does

I think he did well for himself and was smart not to pigeon hole himself into a certain role. He has big movies like (Minions, Despicable, Evan Almighty, and Anchorman) and some smaller critically praised films (Foxcatcher and the way way back).

Hard to look at his body of work and think that he blew it imo.

Yep. That Pepsi commercial with cardi b making me think he’s trying to swing back to his comedic side.

He didnt blow it.

He was making good money on the Office, but he wanted to be a movie star. He also wanted to branch out and do things that werent comedy. Im sure he didnt want to be typecasted either and play that same role for the rest of his life.

I just saw him in that move "Beautiful Boy" and it was a drama and he did an awesome job in it. Could feel his pain. Was also great in Foxcatcher.

He will ALWAYS be remembered for Michael Scott though. Anytime people think of the office they will think of him. He provided tons of laughs for almost 8 years

Nah he got a few big movies under his belt post "40 yrs old virgin", including Date Night.

Back