Did EA ruin gaming?

I would say the misuse of dlc content. Companies are pushing unfinished games to the market and then use the dlc to complete the game. Or they hold important content back that is already in the game but lock it for dlc use.

Reactions: Koltrain
I don't know much about ea besides their sports titles but all of this bellyaching over loot crates in battlefront 2is just crying over spilled milk. I just got my copy on Friday after trading my old Wii in for it at games stop and I'm enjoying it. Loot crates? Please I'm not paying for jack and you don't have to. There are ways around it and I'm not talking about some cheesy glitch either . just like the last battlefront there are challenges you can complete for bonus credits. You get 500-1000 credits every time you level up. Even if characters like Darth Vader were still locked behind a 60,000 credit pay wall then whatdps the big deal ? It would only take a couple of weeks to get there. Gamers these days are lazy and entitled. Now as for ea's business practice in general I can only smh at he whole thing. While I'm on this when is EA gonna release another fight night?

I don't know much about ea besides their sports titles but all of this bellyaching over loot crates in battlefront 2is just crying over spilled milk. I just got my copy on Friday after trading my old Wii in for it at games stop and I'm enjoying it. Loot crates? Please I'm not paying for jack and you don't have to. There are ways around it and I'm not talking about some cheesy glitch either . just like the last battlefront there are challenges you can complete for bonus credits. You get 500-1000 credits every time you level up. Even if characters like Darth Vader were still locked behind a 60,000 credit pay wall then whatdps the big deal ? It would only take a couple of weeks to get there. Gamers these days are lazy and entitled. Now as for ea's business practice in general I can only smh at he whole thing. While I'm on this when is EA gonna release another fight night?
Fight night is dead they gone move on with the ufc fighting which sucks.

Yes. They're a perfect argument against monopolistic business practices. With their resources, they could put out 10-star games every two years. Instead, they set the bar on the floor so a sequel can be made that is a basic step up but will be lauded as progress knowing full-well said progress should have been in the first game. For example, since everyone is a Madden head. Touch Passing. NFL 2K had that shit for YEARS. Madden didn't get it until the end or after NFL 2K died. Or taking features away then bringing them back. I don't game as much anymore, so I forget a specific example but I do remember a blow up at Gamefaqs way back about them taking shit out and putting it back like it was new.

They're probably only second to Ubisoft in releasing buggy bullshit.

The EA Big series needs to come back as well. The SSX series along with the Street games (NBA Street especially) could do with a revival.
THIS

this is why i was so confused they did NBA Jam instead of Street

I wouldn't say that EA ruined gaming as a whole because that blame is deserved by the gaming industry altogether.

My issue w/EA is the monopoly it has on football for damn near 15+ yrs. The NFL is dumb for giving EA exclusive gaming rights which stops 2k from producing anything w/a NFL license. We already knew that when EA pulled the move they did it was done because they were slowly going down the toilet. About 2 1/² decades ago the only games EA made were sports games. When the 2000's came around they branched out from the sports games the problem though, most of those games outside of sports sucks.

EA is like a clogged toilet that is full of shit slowly draining. Gamers are clapping at them and its any time. I'm tired of seeing them ruin everything they touch. I never buy an EA game first hand and never will until they change their practices.

I wouldn't place the ruin of the gaming industry entirely on EA though. Look at these companies such as Capcom that drop 3-4 different versions of Street Fighter, WB games dropping 2 different versions of Injustice/MK, Ubisoft dropping a new AC game every damn year, etc., Then you got some companies charging $60+ for games then charging an additional $30-50 for season passes.

It's ^^^^ that, that ruins gaming and the gaming experience. That's why I'm picky about the games I buy in a 12 month period.

star wars battlefront 2 did an overhaul on their upgrade system and got rid of loot crates. now all of the upgrades are earned through gameplay and there is only a free daily loot crate that gives you 500 free credits daily.