Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Detroit Sees Population Growth For The First Time Since 1957

test
It's going to pick up in the next decade or so

Surrounded by water, moderate temperatures, no earthquakes, no hurricanes, tornadoes are few, all four seasons

Affordable housing (relative to the national market)

And if you got money Oakland County is for you. One of the richest counties in the nation

It's a lot to love

LMAO - believe it or not I don't mean this in a disparaging way but they been like "brokies... please consider here" for a minute. As long as non-rich people can become homeowners and build communities in neglected neighborhoods and not displace black people I'm all for it.

But in my experience... you're looking at Williamsburg 5.0

Lotta whites coming to downtown. Prices for an apartment in downtown Detroit are high as shit and pretty much keep out the riff-raff.

But, there's also a lot of folks moving back to Detroit after having left for years on end. I got a few friends now making moves to get themselves back in Tha D. One ain't lived in Detroit proper since something like '98 or so and she's tying up loose ends in Phoenix to move back. If I coulda got a house in my old neighborhood at a reasonable price, I'd be living in Detroit instead of the boonies.

Lot to love about The City tho. Air is cleaner than most major cities, the water is drinkable from the faucet, there's water everywhere, greenery everywhere else, 4 actual seasons, don't get scorching hot in the summers, and the people are fairly down to earth.

Lotta whites coming to downtown. Prices for an apartment in downtown Detroit are high as shit and pretty much keep out the riff-raff.

But, there's also a lot of folks moving back to Detroit after having left for years on end. I got a few friends now making moves to get themselves back in Tha D. One ain't lived in Detroit proper since something like '98 or so and she's tying up loose ends in Phoenix to move back. If I coulda got a house in my old neighborhood at a reasonable price, I'd be living in Detroit instead of the boonies.

Lot to love about The City tho. Air is cleaner than most major cities, the water is drinkable from the faucet, there's water everywhere, greenery everywhere else, 4 actual seasons, don't get scorching hot in the summers, and the people are fairly down to earth.
Seasons overrated

I don’t miss all the snow

Back