Welcome To aBlackWeb

Democrats Block Reparation Cali Bill

Knock_Twice

2 Words

Why did the Democratic party block this reparation bill?

If this thread was already created my bad on that.

Do they not want to see "Black Americans" get reparation? The Bill was outlined perfectly for them, what happened?

I'm reading it now

kamala will still win california, so i’m not sure what direct impact they’re referring to. she didn’t strike the bill down

it should have direct impact on the local lawmakers though. they should mobilize to make sure they’re not reelected

kamala will still win california, so i’m not sure what direct impact they’re referring to. she didn’t strike the bill down

it should have direct impact on the local lawmakers though. they should mobilize to make sure they’re not reelected

Should black voters NOT vote for her since she's part of the democratic party and her party shot down the bill?

Why do you think the democratic party shot down the bill?

She didn't have to strike the bill down, her party that she is connected to who black voted for did.

Should black voters NOT vote for her since she's part of the democratic party and her party shot down the bill?

She didn't have to strike the bill down, her party that she is connected to who black voted for did.

so vote them out, since their actions directly impacted you. support candidates who support reparation payments and replace the ones who don’t

I'd like to know why they shot it down too. That said anyone who thinks Kamala should be punished by a state or local decision probably doesn't understand how the system works.

I agree, the one thing that many black votes wanted in Cali, the democratic party shot it down. Wasn't the republican, Wasn't Trump, it was the democratic party who black folks voted for.

Can't blame this one on Trump, as a matter of fact, a Republican brought the bills up on the floor, all was needed was a second motion by the democratic party, if they said something, I said something.

I'd like to know why they shot it down too. That said anyone who thinks Kamala should be punished by a state or local decision probably doesn't understand how the system works.

Because it would have benefitted black folks, not immigrants or others. The language in the bill was changed to fit just black folks. Nobody else. The original bill the ones who shot the bill down wanted "people of color" "minorities" in the bill, all that was taken out.

The person who sponsored the bill did so to have the bill affect only black folks in that state, the other members of the party did not like the language and shot it down.

Governor was involved as well. He had a hand in play as well.

I think she should be punished. That's her team, those same folks who shot the bill down, will champion to those same folks who they denied the bill to go to, to vote for Kamala and their democratic party.

Does that make any sense to you??

Guilty by association.

You the blue team, or Team A, Team A caused black folks to get put outta of their homes, You are the captain of this team A or rep this team A squad,

These same folks on Team A who put you outta your house wants you to vote for their top leader? You down with that?

Because it would have benefitted black folks, not immigrants or others. The language in the bill was changed to fit just black folks. Nobody else. The original bill the ones who shot the bill down wanted "people of color" "minorities" in the bill, all that was taken out.

The person who sponsored the bill did so, the other members of the party did not like the language and shot it down.

lol What? I have to read into it. That sounds stupid as hell. What do other people of color have to do with reparations? I'm not even sure how they would be shoehorned into the bill. If they want to do multiple reparations bills that account for injustices to different groups, that's fine, but I don't see how they could just give Asian people, for example, the same reparations as Black people when the experiences have been remotely the same.

I think she should be punished. That's her team, those same folks who shot the bill down, will champion to those same folks who they denied the bill to go to, to vote for Kamala.

Does that make any sense to you??

Guilty by association.

That's not her team though, bro. You might be able to make that argument for Congressmen and Representatives, but state and local politics are different than Federal politics. Like @already home_17 is saying, you have to fight those people through local and state elections. Keeping Kamala out of the White House won't really hurt them at all.

lol What? I have to read into it. That sounds stupid as hell. What do other people of color have to do with reparations? I'm not even sure how they would be shoehorned into the bill. If they want to do multiple reparations bills that account for injustices to different groups, that's fine, but I don't see how they could just give Asian people, for example, the same reparations as Black people when the experiences have been remotely the same.

That's not her team though, bro. You might be able to make that argument for Congressmen and Representatives, but state and local politics are different than Federal politics. Like @already home_17 is saying, you have to fight those people through local and state elections. Keeping Kamala out of the White House won't really hurt them at all.

When you read into it, post the reason to why the democratic party shot the bill down. It has a lot to do with color. If you have in the bill "people of color" What defines a person that is of color??

IF you have the word "minority" in the bill, who is a 'minority'? These words are usually in bills when they supposed to correct situations for black folks
True or False?

Kamala, Is she not a part of the Democratic party??

Will those same folks who voted the bill down, want black folks or anybody to vote for her come Nov? Is that not a 'team', group, org, party, or will they champion someone for the Republican side?

Marc Lamont hill had a good interview about why they blocked it. Non of the reasons are good but par the core for black careerist politicians

Will those same folks who voted the bill down, want black folks or anybody to vote for her come Nov? Is that not a 'team', group, org, party, or will they champion someone for the Republican side?

The fact that this is a Fox News article makes me skeptical. The bill will be addressed again it’s not going away. The can will continue to be kicked down the road. As far as trying to connect this to Kamala Harris I think that’s kinda silly. Most black Californians are gonna vote for her regardless. Fox News once again trying to stoke the flames of division among the opps.

Like I said before State/Local politics and Federal politics are not the same. You can go to Red states and find Dems that don't even run on Blue platforms. They basically only identify as Dems because they are more center leaning than other Reps and know they have a better chance at being a factor in the race if they run in the other party (e.g., Joe Manchin).

And no, State/Local politicians don't always follow or promote their Federal counterparts. For example, Larry Hogan was the republican governor for MD and was very anti-Trump in 2020. He didn't go as far as voting for Biden, but he made it clear he wasn't down with Trump.

At the end of the day, there isn't much Kamala could do to change what the people that shot down the reparations bill did even if she supported reparations (which s he probably doesn't) because they don't answer to her. She's not their leader in the way you're implying.

The fact that this is a Fox News article makes me skeptical. The bill will be addressed again it’s not going away. The can will continue to be kicked down the road. As far as trying to connect this to Kamala Harris I think that’s kinda silly. Most black Californians are gonna vote for her regardless. Fox News once again trying to stroke the flames of division among the opps.

no its dead dead, I posted a non fox news article about a week ago. IF the Black Caucus let it out of committee it WAS GOING TO PASS. It had the votes already but ego.

Back