Welcome To aBlackWeb

Defend Your Top 5: Revolver Ocelot

Can't front, it's a solid 5, but foh

Ice Cube , Scarface and Black Thought can gtoh

I like Scarface, but he's ranked way too high. There's too many other MCs who are better than him in a handful of categories for him to be top 5.

I like Scarface, but he's ranked way too high. There's too many other MCs who are better than him in a handful of categories for him to be top 5.

Part of a legendary group. Surpassed it as a solo artist to become an Hip Hop Icon.

Classic albums and songs

Pac jumped on HIS shit.

On numerous top Rapper/Lyricist list

Your favorite rapper , favorite rapper. One of the undeniable GOAT's Brad Jordan. Look at that last name. Even his family knew he was bound for greatness.

giphy.gif

Scarface is dope, but he's more in the 2nd tier level.

Comparing Face to a nigga like Hov is comedy, from lyrical skills, to impact, to discog, etc.

Cube, Face, Black Thought don't compete with the God level MCs in most categories.

Respectable list.... but I’ve always considered Scarface and Ice Cube overrated...I mean I understand their impact and longevity but coming up I was so influenced by tha NY/East Coast scene that “legends” like these 2 seemed more “regional” and you had to be a fan of that regions music to really be a fan of them...aside from tha Deeply Rooted album I’ve never vibed wit a full Face solo album (even tho his tracks wit Jay and especially Beans we’re always fire) and a few “mainstream” hits from Cube...these 2 can get replaced wit like 20 MCs easy for me...

*s/n Nas, Ghost & Black Thought would be in my top 10-12 tho

Yall niggas nosigning, but can't combat anything I said. When we're talking about God level MCs, those mfs don't deserve to even be in the conversation.

Ice Cube was Kendrick before Kendrick was Kendrick. Ice Cube not only sonically elevated the game but visually as well. Even his character portrayals in movies are classic and brought significant social commentary to some of the ills facing black America in perhaps one of the most Afrocentric periods in history. Listen to his first 3 albums back to front. Even his contribution to NWA.

Same goes for Scarface he was instrumental to the expansion of Southern Hip Hop and could be hailed the King of the South.

And as for Black Thought. His choice for Tariq Trotter is just as valid as your choice for Andre 3000 being a GOAT contender. 3k doesn't have any real rap albums he has verses. Many of the songs he's featured on are curated and are the product of Big Boi's creativity. At least Black has actually spearheaded numerous albums as leader of The Roots some of which are deemed as classics to pop culture.

Say something that that doesn't have something to do with them niggas being old niggas in the game.

Dr J was Jordan before Jordan, Rakim was Nas before Nas, etc. That's a tired and lame excuse for why somebody's superior or even on the same level.

Everybody has predecessors. The iphone made the iphone x possible, is the iphone better than the iphone 10? Fuck no.

What else do you have other than "he paved the way"?

Say something that that doesn't have something to do with them niggas being old niggas in the game.

Dr J was Jordan before Jordan, Rakim was Nas before Nas, etc. That's a tired and lame excuse for why somebody's superior or even on the same level.

Everybody has predecessors. The iphone made the iphone x possible, is the iphone better than the iphone 10? Fuck no.

What else do you have other than "he paved the way"?

Remember this.

I don't wanna hear none of he "paved the way" shit for Pac or Wayne. ';;lll

Nigga nobody refers to Pac as an God level MC, not even you.

That's why you used Jay as your example and not Pac.

I knew what you meant, you was referring to strictly lyrical ability

You're taking what I meant out of context fam. I'm saying rappers like Cube, Busta, Luda, etc are dope rappers cuz niggas think I dislike certain niggas when I fuck with em heavy, but when we're talking about God Level MCs/Rappers/Artists/etc there's a criteria and list of categories that you have to rank high for.

The niggas who are God Tier rank high on damn near everything, the other cats that are on a tier lower than God Tier only rank high on some. When we're talkin about the best of the best, you have to rank high on damn near everything.

Before 2019, Sion will learn what the term "clout chasing" means. Nigga been misusing slang words like white soccer moms.

1187122.gif

I post the same way on here as I did on the IC :js4: I guess I was clout chasing on there too.

I've been saying the same shit about Cube , Face, Lupe etc since 2010, I was saying the same shit when it was just 20 of us debating on here. The whole "clout chasing" angle is a cop out fam. If you don't wanna debate just say so.

Ice Cube WAS ridiculously dope and has had huge impact on hip hop BUT I cant remember the last dope project he has put out, I bought 'I Am West' and only played it once, I thought it was average at best... But I guess you can look at his early body of work and the impact...

Back