Welcome To aBlackWeb

Defend Your Starting 5 (Water Ur Seeds)

Its not in any order... And changes week to week or day to day... But Pac and Masta Ace will always be on the list...

Masta Ace is the most underrated MC of all time imo, dude has been around since the 80s and still dropping one of the albums of 2018...

I like albums that have themes and flow all the way through... And not only is his flow butter, his albums flow like a movie, literally especially with the skits and his incredible storytelling... In fact if you take 'Long Hot Summer', 'Disposable Arts' and 'The Falling Season' they could play like a persons life story...

The first eMC album is classic and his work with Marco Polo is incredible too... He's also got albums with SlaughtaHouse, Doom and ED OG that went under the radar...

You actually have a point. For those that don't remember, or weren't there, here's two Master Ace tracks that actually came out before his breakout song Me & The Biz.

And here's a Master Ace & Crag G Freestyle from 1988

Only problem is that Kool G Rap and Big Daddy Kane murdered Master Ace on The Symphony. And The Symphony is one of the greatest, if not THE GOAT posse jam of all time.

Lol @ the Masta Ace disrespect...

Son has had a career longer than the rappers on most people's list. I have no problem with that choice...

@Water Ur Seeds I don't bump JMT at all, familiar with the name but it ends there...

You actually have a point. For those that don't remember, or weren't there, here's two Master Ace tracks that actually came out before his breakout song Me & The Biz.

And here's a Master Ace & Crag G Freestyle from 1988

Only problem is that Kool G Rap and Big Daddy Kane murdered Master Ace on The Symphony. And The Symphony is one of the greatest, if not THE GOAT posse jam of all time.

Thats irrelevant, Masta Ace wasn't even suppose to be on the song though and only went on it because Shan didn't turn up and no one else wanted to spit first!!! haha Ace was just a kid chilling in the studio who stepped in, it was (I think) his first verse and he was going up against monster MCS, so he was not only prolly less prepared but also less seasoned...

SOURCE:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Symphony_(song)

According to Masta Ace, Juice Crew member MC Shan was supposed to perform on this hit, but due to his success at the time, he told Marley that “he felt like he was belittling himself to be on a record with these new dudes.”[3] Meanwhile, Masta Ace, who made his recording debut with the song’s opening verse, had not intended to be on the song at all; he only recorded his verse because the other MCs were hesitant to rhyme first.[3]

Lol @ the Masta Ace disrespect...

Son has had a career longer than the rappers on most people's list. I have no problem with that choice...

@Water Ur Seeds I don't bump JMT at all, familiar with the name but it ends there...

Check them out bro... Also Heavy Metal Kings and Vinnie's solo work I think your would be a fan... Him and Trag's project is bound to be a gem...

Time stamped to Ace spitting... But a dope interview...

EDIT: And Ace does all his work, touring etc suffering with Multiple Sclerosis, I think it is...

'You's a real sad man, play the mandolin
You sittin' home like, "should, could" with your wood panelin'
Face it, you stuck in the basement and panickin'
Stagnant and can't move, a damn mannequin
Everything you do in your life is self-damagin'
Drug scramblin', raw sex and gun brandishin'
Can't stop, you got shot, the doc bandagin'

I don't think anybody calling him wack, at least I'm not.

But you can tell a in depth history of Hip Hop and never mention Master Ace

I'd give him a mention. I'd say he was down with The Juice Crew and went first on The Symphony.

In fact, If I was writing a book on Hip Hop I might make an entire chapter on The Juice Crew, an entire chapter on No Limit, and entire chapter on Bad Boy, Death Row, etc.

I don't think anybody calling him wack, at least I'm not.

But you can tell a in depth history of Hip Hop and never mention Master Ace

This

Nobody on his list is trash, outside of Pac and KGR everybody on his list could disappear and nothing would change.

I'm not even gonna attempt to compare those dudes to Nas, Jay, Big etc

I respect ya list as a definite personal favorite list but Vinne Paz, Masta Ace and Big L definitely some dark horse picks...good points made about them enough to where I don’t think anybody can’t or won’t understand ya stance about ya list...but still remains I don’t think I’ve ever heard anybody else have Vinnie Paz and Masta Ace in there top 5...good shit lol

I respect ya list as a definite personal favorite list but Vinne Paz, Masta Ace and Big L definitely some dark horse picks...good points made about them enough to where I don’t think anybody can’t or won’t understand ya stance about ya list...but still remains I don’t think I’ve ever heard anybody else have Vinnie Paz and Masta Ace in there top 5...good shit lol

Yeah like you say they are personal favourites and who's music Im playing the most atm (Vinnie and Ace got new music out)... But ask me tomorrow and it can change, Ace will still be there as will Pac...

Plus we could all put Jay, Nas and BIG in the list and it would be a pointless thread lol

Back