Welcome To aBlackWeb

Dealing with Getting Older

Bobjones

My doc told me that 30 years old is the start of decline. That's not what anyone who values their youth wants to hear. Some sit back and accept it, others defy the inevitable as much as possible.

But there's an acceptable degree of defiance, right? We all seen old heads lookin goofy dressing a lil too young, pulling hamstrings trying to relive their athletic glory years, going for women way too young for them, etc.

The thought of getting old sucks. How do u plan on / did u deal with it? And how do u rep the idea that age is just a number? I guess it's about doing whatever the hell u want to do, only within ur realistic limits? Cuz I feel like I'll be trying shit like starting a martial art or learning skateboard tricks at 50. I don't wanna become too complacent with life. There's so much to do and so little time.

It's never too late to start martial arts or skateboarding...just know the older you get, the harder is it though. Know your limits. You probably won't become a champion but you can learn and even become relatively good.

As men, our testosterone diminishes around 30-40yo. You can get hormone replacement therapy if needed.

Embrace getting old, don't view it as a burden.

Thats life bruh.

Getting older isn't a bad thing. Your thought process changes. You begin to not put up wit a lot less petty shyt. At least that's how it is wit me.

Mainly b/c you realize you dont have to. You start to tune out folks opinions, and only focus on the people nin your life that matter. You value more hang wit family & close friends in a gathering at the crib...more than going clubbing and being out.

If we talkin physically...just be active. Continue to exercise at some capacity. But like French said...know your limits. Listen to your body. A lot of stuff you use to do at full speed, you'd have to do gradually.

Gettin older isn't the end of the world. It makes you slow down and appreciate the shyt around you. It's only a bad thing unless YOU make it a bad thing. You determine how you live your life as you get older. Not the age.

Back