Welcome To aBlackWeb

Dealing with Depression......

I think everyone goes through it at some point on this plane of existence. Even Christ had a moment that could be described as "depression" when he felt TMH had forsaken him. It's human.

I still go through it from time to time. It's a hard to describe feeling of being alone. But my family has a way of snapping me out of it. But i know this existance is temporary and we won't always be together. So I try to stay positive and be thankful for the time we do have together. And when I examine my life, the good outweighs the bad. So I try to remain positive about it.

But this life has a way of warping your perception. The only advice I can give is find construcrive things you enjoy and focus on that.

The ill thing about depression is the feeling of hopelessness and sadness. And everything else being numb away to the point that the sadness and hopelessness become the only two emotions that give you any feeling.

To the point you become addicted to feeling sad just to feel something at all. Depression makes us wanna run from our problems. If I just had this, if I just did that, if this could just be different. It makes you believe the answer is just out of touch and your in no position to do anything about it.

So you get even more depressed. But peep it, think of it like this. If depression was a virus, the the virus fed off of your sadness. Giving you false hope of the answer being just our of reach and you being powerless to do anything about it. Would undoubtedly bring upon that sadness so it could feed.

You can’t run from depression because no matter where you go. Your carrying that hag with you. There’s nothing you can buy, nothing you can do to make her go away. She only goes away when you realize. Yes the answer is just out of reach. Yes I am powerless to change my life right now. Yes that upsets me, yes I feel like there’s no hope.

Yes the future looks bleak, but you know what. The future doesn’t exist today,and as far as the past. Remember the monkey in the Lion king hit simba on the head and simba says it hurt and the monkey says “who cares, it’s in the past”.

Man i literally just had one of the worst nights of my life

Like deadass the worst

I hope that my kids go back to school soon so that I can break this mask, if even for a few hours

My 10 yo asked if I ever cried. Balling as she puts it

Im too serious she said, even when im joking

I never give her enough credit for being as intuitive as she is

Man i literally just had one of the worst nights of my life

Like deadass the worst

I hope that my kids go back to school soon so that I can break this mask, if even for a few hours
Ion mean to be insensitive but, I fucks wit u and I’m real wit people I fucks wit. You sound like a fiend right now. Realize that you wantin them to leave so you can get in ya bag of depressive feelings. Is like a fiend saying I wan the kids to get to school so I can crack open this bag of whatevs.

Fam you gotta realize that running towards the feeling only leads you deeper into the feeling. You gotta be strong and deny that shit. It hurts and it takes time. I’m not telling you to put in fake smiles or front. I’m telling you to actively dismiss negative thoughts about shit. Shit happens chop it up as whatever and put your attention elsewhere.

If you powerless you powerless, I can’t move a vehicle wit my bare hands. Obsessing about it ain’t gone make it just happen. Let that shit go b, when they bounce occupy your mind with shit you do control.

I think we all go thru it to some degree

Im probably in a better space mentally than I've ever been in my life, BUT the self medicating is very necessary at this point

and I've done that since a kid so its just stuck with me

obviously if you have any responsibilities out here you cant always be high out of your mind and reality

these days I can say the only other shit thats helped me cope is working out....really just being active you dont gotta throw weights around all the time

find a punching bag, shoot some ball, go to a trampoline park, etc.....I was always too cool and lazy for that type of shit before so I never would have known

it helps tho....before you know it you're running around cheesing playing with some kids you've never met

Ion mean to be insensitive but, I fucks wit u and I’m real wit people I fucks wit. You sound like a fiend right now. Realize that you wantin them to leave so you can get in ya bag of depressive feelings. Is like a fiend saying I wan the kids to get to school so I can crack open this bag of whatevs.

Fam you gotta realize that running towards the feeling only leads you deeper into the feeling. You gotta be strong and deny that shit. It hurts and it takes time. I’m not telling you to put in fake smiles or front. I’m telling you to actively dismiss negative thoughts about shit. Shit happens chop it up as whatever and put your attention elsewhere.

If you powerless you powerless, I can’t move a vehicle wit my bare hands. Obsessing about it ain’t gone make it just happen. Let that shit go b, when they bounce occupy your mind with shit you do control.
You 10000% right b

But I can't shake it right now. Not now

I don't know why I felt the urge to kick @Germs in the face.
Truth hurts baby, believe me, I know.

When I spoke with people who dealt with it and i didn’t know at the time that they dealt with it. They all told me what I’m saying now and I felt like that was the most insensitive thing anyone could ever say. Till I finally understood l, did it and looked back on it.

It’s like climbing the mountain, and looking back on where you started. You have a different perspective.

Truth hurts baby, believe me, I know.

When I spoke with people who dealt with it and i didn’t know at the time that they dealt with it. They all told me what I’m saying now and I felt like that was the most insensitive thing anyone could ever say. Till I finally understood l, did it and looked back on it.

It’s like climbing the mountain, and looking back on where you started. You have a different perspective.

No, I just want to kick you.
That's it, don't make it out to be more than what it is.
You will be kicked.

Im also quick to splurge on myself a little when im in a funk

I aint saying throw some d's on that bitch

but I might go grab some shoes, a new game or some shit....go eat a good meal

just gotta boost the morale sometimes

(considering you aint snowed in and shit) jump in the car and jam that shit you used to jam in high school and see if you dont pep up

My 10 yo asked if I ever cried. Balling as she puts it

Im too serious she said, even when im joking

I never give her enough credit for being as intuitive as she is
It’s these kids man. They be knowing.

This thread and my bottle

I’m a listener and all jokes aside if you need someone to talk to, I’ll listen. All ears.

No pressure tho.

I’ve had experience with two clinically depressed people and man did I go out of my way to bring happiness to them. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn’t.

I listened every single time and I was always there. They both told me they appreciated me for it. Which in turn helped me.

Back