Welcome To aBlackWeb

Like Sion, bruh,... You can't give the world a cosmetic version of a much deeper character and call that cosmetic version the bar. Michelle did NOTHING to compliment the character she was playing. She offered no characteristics of selina kyle. And while she looked good as Catwoman, she did nothing Catwoman does. Again she stole absolutely nothing. Not one thing. At all. How are you a definitive cat burglar who doesn't burglar??

Perfect example of Catwoman...

She stole 3 things in 10 seconds.....

Like I immediately recognized this was about to be great cuz in 10 seconds they effortlessly captured what she who she was before one spoken line.

Not true at all, she was the first in a major film and at the time women could relate to her and her Catwoman was meant to be a release or alter ego to a lot of American women at the time. Working as a secretary, having the hots for a guy way out of your league (and an asshole), being sexually repressed, being approached by uncomfortably in the workplace, not having your voice heard, let alone being noticed, experiencing a trauma that then allows you to release the real you.... Yeah white woman in the early 90s ate that up and loved it.

She didn't have to offer characteristics to Selina Kyle, because again, this was Tim Burton's interpretation and comic books at that point in time werent as mainstream which gave him leeway to build off a general idea. The only other example was the one from the Adam West show but he had to take the general idea people had and communicate it in a way that would be easy for the casual moviegoer to follow in a film with the cast of characters it had.

To be fair you cant really compare Zoe and Michelle's portrayals because they're very different versions and interpretations of Catwoman.
Bruh, they ain't have to tarnish who Selina was as a person. They used Vicki Vale in the first movie, Chase Meridian in the third. They used two Rachel's in the Nolan trilogy. And Bruce fucked PLENTY of more chicks. If they didn't like the character of Selina Kyle, they could have used another name for the zombie superpowered chick Michelle was playing. Calling her Catwoman was a disservice to the character.

I liked Anne, but Zoe really brung it home.. Crown get the definitive version of the character. Put this Pfiffer shit to bed

Last edited:
Still my favorite Catwoman.
Like Sion, bruh,... You can't give the world a cosmetic version of a much deeper character and call that cosmetic version the bar. Michelle did NOTHING to compliment the character she was playing. She offered no characteristics of selina kyle. And while she looked good as Catwoman, she did nothing Catwoman does. Again she stole absolutely nothing. Not one thing. At all. How are you a definitive cat burglar who doesn't burglar??
Year one Michelle for her. Give her ass about 4 years she would be hitting licks left and right lol

Still my favorite Catwoman.

Year one Michelle for her. Give her ass about 4 years she would be hitting licks left and right lol
Naw, Selina Kyle was hitting licks before she even decided to be Catwoman. It's who she is at her core. She's not a secretary. She's not a zombie. She cracks safes, bypasses security measures, and steals shit other people can't steal.

Gotham's Selina was 10 times better than Michelle Ava they literally casted her cuz she looked like Michelle. But she acted way more like selina

Can't believe niggaz going to bat for a cat-spit zombie.

Like how the fuck y'all even accept that shit. Like please just acknowledge being licked to life by cats is ridiculously lazy and complete nonsense.

Like don't tell me you would rather Zoe been on that shit instead of robbing her father drug money and breaking in niggaz houses to steal passports.

Like you prefer her kidnapping pageant Queens vs dirty cops who killed her friend??

Can't believe niggaz going to bat for a cat-spit zombie.

Like how the fuck y'all even accept that shit. Like please just acknowledge being licked to life by cats is ridiculously lazy and complete nonsense.

Like don't tell me you would rather Zoe been on that shit instead of robbing her father drug money and breaking in niggaz houses to steal passports.

Like you prefer her kidnapping pageant Queens vs dirty cops who killed her friend??
Dawg, it's not that serious lol.

Bruh you dont have to knock Michelle Pfeiffer to big up Zoe Kravitz.

Again in an imaginative universe where a guy flies around the city in a leather Bat costume with superhuman strength in a Tim Burton film, it aint far-fetched LOL.

Different eras and films for 2 completely different portrayals. I still remember media saying Batman Returns was way too dark and violent and this was in a year where we got Basic Instinct, Candyman, Juice, Reservoir Dogs, Malcolm X, Last of the Mohicans etc. the complaints were laughable.
Oh I've always knocked Michelle Pfeiffer. Her portrayal never sat well with me. I just feel so great that they got far far far away for that shit. No Selina should ever look to that version as inspiration. I am so rejoiced that Zoe is nothing like her. So happy. So so happy.

Folks downplaying him in here?
If I had to nitpick... It would be the riddler.

I liked him. It worked for the film. But he wasn't great. Or even really that strong. I liked the conversation between him and Batman at the jail. But I overall feel like he wasn't that impressive of a villain.

I think using him in this way was purely to world build for the audience and let us know how deep Gotham's corruption went. And for that he was useful.

But as a strong character performance or impact. He was lacking. A smart dummy. Like he was so easily broken down bcuz Batman wouldn't be his friend, and be so estatic that joker would.

I didn't get the vibe that he was enjoying his crimes, or taking pleasure in the games he laid out for Bruce. I always felt like that was the fun in it for riddler. Maybe it's my picky bias. But didn't seem to take enough pride in what he did. Like dude really had the city on lock. Had shooters ready to ride. And in his confrontation.... He just fell a little short. Even though the dialogue was cool. It just made him look weak at the end.

Plus joker played the shit out if him by knowing instantly that all this nigga wanted was a friend. And was crying laughing at how silly that shit was

Back