Welcome To aBlackWeb

DC's Swamp Thing

fam, come on now...this is certainly an exception and not the rule

think about it

Swamp Thing takes place in Louisiana, but was filmed in NC. Not an actual complaint b/c this happens all the time, but to the average person not up on that, they not gonna know just off the rip and they not waiting until the end credits to see where it was filmed

key word in your rebuttal is some, but how do you measure that exactly?

Like im not even sure if Brad or Angelina still live in NOLA or rather, if they still have a home here. That's two people in an industry of thousands.

Huh? You zoned in on one small thing I typed and ran with it while ignoring the main part of my post. You looking like a Fox News anchor right now. Lmao. Wilmington is growing and the local theater scene is growing also. More people are buying up land or living here trying to make it in the arts. Real estate market has picked up here a bit. I'm sure it's not all due to the movie industry but I know for a fact some people have moved here because they can see opportunities to make money because of it

I'm mostly talking about jobs that help the people who live in these areas where they film. These projects that get filmed need lots of people to help make them possible on the set and off. Most of the off set stuff gets contracted out to the area which creates jobs for that area like I stated with food service, security, private drivers, etc. If the studios, directors, or producers like filming in the area they will keep coming back to do work which then could even cause them to build a big or small ( in our case small) studio. Which New Line Cinama (I think it's them) has done in my city.

Some movies don't get shot in the proper location due to another area promising to give more tax breaks or the areas unavailability at the time the crew wants to shoot . We both know this and I'm sure most know this as well. Some people also don't like shooting in areas due to the actual area, ie logistical or personal preference.

I listed in my 1st or either my 2nd post that I can understand why some places might not want to do it because they feel they lose more than they spend but other places actual gain more or come close to breaking even which is good enough for them to keep working with the studios.

Huh? You zoned in on one small thing I typed and ran with it while ignoring the main part of my post. You looking like a Fox News anchor right now. Lmao. Wilmington is growing and the local theater scene is growing also. More people are buying up land or living here trying to make it in the arts. Real estate market has picked up here a bit. I'm sure it's not all due to the movie industry but I know for a fact some people have moved here because they can see opportunities to make money because of it

I'm mostly talking about jobs that help the people who live in these areas where they film. These projects that get filmed need lots of people to help make them possible on the set and off. Most of the off set stuff gets contracted out to the area which creates jobs for that area like I stated with food service, security, private drivers, etc. If the studios, directors, or producers like filming in the area they will keep coming back to do work which then could even cause them to build a big or small ( in our case small) studio. Which New Line Cinama (I think it's them) has done in my city.

Some movies don't get shot in the proper location due to another area promising to give more tax breaks or the areas unavailability at the time the crew wants to shoot . We both know this and I'm sure most know this as well. Some people also don't like shooting in areas due to the actual area, ie logistical or personal preference.

I listed in my 1st or either my 2nd post that I can understand why some places might not want to do it because they feel they lose more than they spend but other places actual gain more or come close to breaking even which is good enough for them to keep working with the studios.
i was just using your example you provided

Baton Rouge has a sound stage or something like that not too far from where i work. I know the things you are talking about happen. I'm just not in the belief they move the needle all that far like you think.

And a lot of these studios bring their own people to work on set. They not hiring local makeup folks and shit like that. You gotta be either exceptional or know someone that knows someone.

But we getting off track

I enjoyed the convo tho fam

i was just using your example you provided

Baton Rouge has a sound stage or something like that not too far from where i work. I know the things you are talking about happen. I'm just not in the belief they move the needle all that far like you think.

And a lot of these studios bring their own people to work on set. They not hiring local makeup folks and shit like that. You gotta be either exceptional or know someone that knows someone.

But we getting off track

I enjoyed the convo tho fam

You ignored stuff in my post again. Lmao.

I said most off set amnesties are contracted out to the areas they film. Lmao. Of course most on set stuff is people they bring in. That's common knowledge and not something I pointed out.

I agree that it might not be beneficial to every place like you stated though and I enjoyed the conversation also.

You ignored stuff in my post again. Lmao.

I said most off set amnesties are contracted out to the areas they film. Lmao. Of course most on set stuff is people they bring in. That's common knowledge and not something I pointed out.

I agree that it might not be beneficial to every place like you stated though and I enjoyed the conversation also.
I wasnt trying to give off the impression that i ignored it, but i should've said something to show that I did acknowledge that part of your post.

I wasnt trying to give off the impression that i ignored it, but i should've said something to show that I did acknowledge that part of your post.

It's cool man, I'm just giving you shit.

Don't get it twisted though I understand 100% that it doesn't help every place. Maybe I'm just being short sighted with looking at the hotels, restaurants, shops, etc. Consistently getting built as the this city making money off the film and tourism industry. It's also a beach town (kinda lame one, but still) so that helps a bit also

they should have just filmed in Louisiana , i'm sure they would have offered more,and u get real swamps n shit

shit was much slower than episode 1, which was already a slow burn, but it was pretty essential stufff

holy fuck at that fatality!!!!

DC ain't getting another penny out of me until further notice. Straight stream status.

Apparently the show was cancelled because of a mess up in paperwork where wb wasnt going to get the full tax break they were originally promised. They budgeted 80 million for season 1 and was supposed to get 40million back by filming in North Carolina. Someone messed up some paperwork and WB was only returned 14million.

Their DC universe app isn't as big of a money maker as they had hoped so ultimately the show was too expensive for them to produce based off their returns so they cancelled it.

I know Jack shit about taxes and stuff but there are some articles floating around that detail it much better.

Apparently the show was cancelled because of a mess up in paperwork where wb wasnt going to get the full tax break they were originally promised. They budgeted 80 million for season 1 and was supposed to get 40million back by filming in North Carolina. Someone messed up some paperwork and WB was only returned 14million.

Their DC universe app isn't as big of a money maker as they had hoped so ultimately the show was too expensive for them to produce based off their returns so they cancelled it.

I know Jack shit about taxes and stuff but there are some articles floating around that detail it much better.
I told people about this streaming shit. All of these companies saw a cash grab and got a dose of reality.

Back