Welcome To aBlackWeb

I'm glad they didn't go Ted Kord and went with Jamie.

Really good character and a chance like @Duwop stated to see a Hispanic lead be a super hero. If done righ this could be a great super hero movie.

If MCU does Nova I hope they go with Sam Alexander instead of Richard Rider.

DC been giving everyone a movie except one of their black heroes. I wanna see a Cyborg or Icon movie.
They know Jon Stewart is the money maker down the road....

If they had their way and did it right... He would have came in I'm guessing like a phase 3 in mcu terms

Kinda how BP was the big phase 3 marvel movie. Jon Stewart would have been that for them...

Word is Diggle bout to be that guy on in the cw verse

But yeah, Jamie is kinda a big deal as far as story goes. This could be a low key banger if done right. And it will 100% target the hispanic market. Look at the directior they named.

I mean, DC still got static on the shelf.... So there's always that. And he just got a refresh in the comics. I been meaning to check it out

Cuz we're an all inclusive society.

They gave the blacks a movie

Gave women empowerment a few movies

The hispanics have a big market.... They need their hero.
Lol @ the bolded. Did you type that with a straight face?

1. Who gave "the blacks" a movie? Not Warner Bros

2. Black Panther came from a different studio almost 20 years after Blade and damn neat 10 years after the MCU started

3. Women empowerment films aren't a thing. And that's where alot of people get it mixed up. Just because a movie has a female lead doesn't make it about female empowerment.

Lol @ the bolded. Did you type that with a straight face?

1. Who gave "the blacks" a movie? Not Warner Bros

2. Black Panther came from a different studio almost 20 years after Blade and damn neat 10 years after the MCU started

3. Women empowerment films aren't a thing. And that's where alot of people get it mixed up. Just because a movie has a female lead doesn't make it about female empowerment.
1 hollywood/ super hero movies in general. Wasn't talking about a studio in particular..I was talking about the saying goes "everybody gets one"

2. Still... You stuck on studios. I'm speaking in general

3. Strongly disagree.

1 hollywood/ super hero movies in general. Wasn't talking about a studio in particular..I was talking about the saying goes "everybody gets one"

2. Still... You stuck on studios. I'm speaking in general

3. Strongly disagree.
Everybody does not get one. That's a false premise. Where's the Jew, LGBT, Arab, etc hero live action movies? They don't exist. They make movies for what they think will sell.

And the reason I'm talking studios is because Disney wouldn't have made the type of movies WB, Universal, or Sony would and vice versa.

Saying "everybody gets one" suggests that Hollywood works like a monolithic entity and it doesn't.

Everybody does not get one. That's a false premise. Where's the Jew, LGBT, Arab, etc hero live action movies? They don't exist. They make movies for what they think will sell.

And the reason I'm talking studios is because Disney wouldn't have made the type of movies WB, Universal, or Sony would and vice versa.

Saying "everybody gets one" suggests that Hollywood works like a monolithic entity and it doesn't.
Dawg if you don't see it, I can't force you.

But hollywood makes movies for specific demographics all the time. Comic movies are big money makers. If you don't thing they target different audiences to cash in on all markets then I don't know what to tell you.

They don't have to move on each other's time..... But it definitely happens.

Dawg if you don't see it, I can't force you.

But hollywood makes movies for specific demographics all the time. Comic movies are big money makers. If you don't thing they target different audiences to cash in on all markets then I don't know what to tell you.

They don't have to move on each other's time..... But it definitely happens.
I really don't think you understand what it took to get Black Panther made and why its box office success was what it was.

By Hollywood tradition it shouldn't have been made and it damn sure shouldn't have made a billion in a week. Why? Because Hollywood is creatively quick to emulate, slow to innovate especially when it comes to big budget films.

Notice, even after the success of BP, the only movie to not center on white people was Mulan... and that came from the same studio that made BP.

Which means parity in Hollywood does not exist.

Last edited:
As long as this leads to a team up with Booster Gold
It wont unless theres some multiverse shit going on. This Blue beetle is Jaime Reyes, the one before him, Ted Kord, is who teams up with Booster Gold.

Jaime Reyes gets taken over by an Alien tech called a "Scarub" that is pretty similar to a Venom Symbiote in that it takes over its hosts body and controls them and has all these crazy abilities. I cant recall why but Jaime is able to fight off the Scarub controlling him and use the scarubs abilities, although he often struggles fighting it.

Ted Kord was just a genius who has a tech company and took over the Blue Beetle mantle from another character that held it before DC had the character rights.

This Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle is more than likely going to team up with the younger DC characters like the Teen Titans, if anyone.

It wont unless theres some multiverse shit going on. This Blue beetle is Jaime Reyes, the one before him, Ted Kord, is who teams up with Booster Gold.

Jaime Reyes gets taken over by an Alien tech called a "Scarub" that is pretty similar to a Venom Symbiote in that it takes over its hosts body and controls them and has all these crazy abilities. I cant recall why but Jaime is able to fight off the Scarub controlling him and use the scarubs abilities, although he often struggles fighting it.

Ted Kord was just a genius who has a tech company and took over the Blue Beetle mantle from another character that held it before DC had the character rights.

This Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle is more than likely going to team up with the younger DC characters like the Teen Titans, if anyone.
Oooooh ok my bad

I think this for the demographic...

Young Justice slick pulled a great season centered around blue beetle.... Prolly the best of their three.... But it was more an ensemble story with blue beetle at the center...

However.... The hispanics need their hero..... And Blue Beetle imo is the top tier hispanic hero......Jamie in particular has a crazy upside depending on how strong his link is with the scarab. It works a lot like venom symbiote

Niggas gonna be mad about this but this is literally how it goes. White folks dominate shit for years. They let us in then the latinos and the Asians. I mean with so many Latinos it should not be a surprise

Thanks for this breakdown

If I were in charge I'd definitely shoehorn Blue Beetle into whatever DC universe there is.

Super marketable and with his space backstory they can do all sorts of stuff

Back