Welcome To aBlackWeb

HBO DC's Batman: Death in the Family

Lion_Heart

1708671719435.png

Animated movies are something DC is well-renowned for nowadays, but today marks their first step into something more unique: an animated choose-your-own-adventure entitled DC Showcase – Batman: Death in the Family.

IGN recently premiered an exclusive article that details an interactive adaptation and continuation of the 1988 comic Batman: A Death in the Family. The storyline is most well-known for killing off Jason Todd, the second Robin, after a fan vote decided his fate. Harkening back to those days, viewers are once again capable of deciding if Jason lives or dies, along with a myriad of other branching paths.

Death-in-the-Family-2.jpg

The animation style draws from its predecessor, the 2010 animated feature, Batman: Under the Red Hood, which recently reached its 10-year anniversary. While one branching path in Death in the Family seems to be a recreation of the film, other branching paths include a reinterpretation of the Hush storyline, with Jason taking the mantle of the bandaged supervillain. Meanwhile, another path seems to follow Red Robin, usually a persona owned by Tim Drake, the third Robin. The interactive movie retains the same cast, including Bruce Greenwood as Batman, Vincent Martella as Jason Todd, and John DiMaggio as Joker. It will also introduce several new roles to the story, including Talia al Ghul (played by Zehra Fazal), Two-Face, and Commissioner Gordon (both voiced by Gary Cole).

Due to being an interactive movie, the runtime of the film is significantly lowered; affording it the DC Showcase label, often reserved for DC’s animated short films. To compensate for this, the release will also include several previously released shorts, involving characters such as Sgt. Rock, Death, Adam Strange and The Phantom Stranger.

Batman: Under the Red Hood is often praised as one of the best animated Batman movies of all time, and with good cause. It’s excellent to see more content being drawn from it, and you can look forward to a review of the film when it releases in Fall of 2020!

——————

Where is it going to land? The dc app? HBO max? Netflix?

It's kinda weird they meddling with the only formula that's actually been working for them for years.

I hope it works tho.

Where is it going to land? The dc app? HBO max? Netflix?

It's kinda weird they meddling with the only formula that's actually been working for them for years.

I hope it works tho.
Black Mirror had something like this ( choose your fate) .Cool idea. Gonna force cord cutters and Terrarium Gang to make some executive decisions though

Black Mirror had something like this ( choose your fate) .Cool idea. Gonna force cord cutters and Terrarium Gang to make some executive decisions though

Yeah. I never checked that out. Didn't care enough to pull out my laptop.

Doesn't work on app to chromecast and doesn't work on the Netflix channel on my pvr.

elephant in the room

is this supposed to be some "shoulda coulda woulda" stuff where the stories that have already been told get a chance to have an alternate outcome if other decisions had been made along the way?

Don't worry about the link. Niggas will find it.

I was more interested in the interactive part than the film tho tbh. I want the whole thing. How much is the blu ray? I don't think I've ever bought one b4

Back