Welcome To aBlackWeb

the thing is, again, this movie is cliche heavy, and im really not trying to make that a negative b/c most superhero films suffer from this as well, however, the way they go about executing it makes them feel "different"...not in this film

there is NO emotional connection to the characters b/c the motives, at least to me, just flat out didnt make me want to invest into where the story was going.

Like, when his parents first meet, so, he is 4 years old when the King realizes she has been missing? So she's presumably killed,then when they reunite, its more of "well ofc they reunite" instead of "damn, his mom was alive the whole time??"

Point A The brother angle didnt sit well with me either. You are left to fill in a ton of blanks b/c of how they chose to tell the story, and tbf, in a comic book movie, for an origin story, you just cant do this to your audience, IF, you expect it to be taken somewhat serious

Point B I mentioned this previously, but im legit curious. What was the point of the "sea world" wanting to battle the people on the land? Like, so you take it over, then what?

Also, the former king closes himself in isolation b/c he fucked up on something that was supposed to make Atlantis better? Then closes himself in an underwater tomb where he can breath underwater? How did he die? Starve himself? Holding the Trident as well?

The stage is set for AM to do battle with this creature, only to find out that b/c he can "speak" to it, now all of a sudden he is worthy of the Trident?

The childhood scenes were cringeworthy. Usually with these metahumans, they operate in SOME sort of secret capacity, but this kid just talking to fish all in front of students and teachers all willy nilly?

Point C The special effects, while impressive at times...most of the time it looked like "finding Nemo" and "Little Mermaid" live action films.

One eyeroll moment comes to mind when "Ariel" comes to see him to bring him to Atlantis. So, he in a ship or submarine or whatver righ? Why is his hair flowing like he's underwater? Why even take a ship when he can just swim there in the first place?
Point A I think it's clear why he was upset and felt the throne should belong to him. Dont think this even needs a explanation.

Point B
Obviously been polluting and fucking up their environment and when the human ships started attacking his brother made the call to go heel and wipe out the problem.

Point C not sure what you expected and sounds like a nitpicking just to have another point because that was probably as best as they could do the underwater effect and tbh it was pretty dope visually and came off like a comic book come to life.

Everything else just seems like personal gripes which is fine.
Movie still a strong 7.5 out 10 imo.

Last edited:
queen atlanna got more lines, had more action scenes, had a love interest, and even had a meaningful part in the climatic showdown between the brothers...when arthur and atlanna were reunited.. it was a heartfelt scene

t'chaka killed killmongers father, lied about killmongers birth, died without telling his son any of it, and apologized from beyond the grave....shit was almost more confusing than it was heartfelt...cuz he basically admitted to his son he was a bad king. which in reality leaves t'challa with more questions than answers, cuz now he has to figure out how much else is fucked up about their empire... but first he gotta fight this nigga for the throne back.. who in all reality has a legit claim and a reason to be mad....

shit was a cluterfuck..

What was confusing about the T'chaka and T'chala dynamic? It was a clusterfuck? You're exaggerating shit now. They outlined the theme with T'chaka comparing being a good king and a good man. They was the underlying dynamic. T'chala had to struggle between his love for his father and his belief that his father was wrong. Ultimately, he went against his father, which proved him to be a true son and a true king. That relationship was a thousand times deeper than the trite "parent sacrifices to protect child, child grows up longing for parent, parent and child reunite, everyone lives happily ever after" dynamic we got from Aquaman. You can like the Aquaman relationship better, but you doing too much trying to imply that the BP relationship wasn't well thought out and put together.

This scene was more heartfelt

tumblr_p84pvg4N0m1qkksz8o1_540.gif

tumblr_p84pvg4N0m1qkksz8o2_540.gif

tumblr_p84pvg4N0m1qkksz8o3_540.gif

tumblr_p84pvg4N0m1qkksz8o4_540.gif

tumblr_p84pvg4N0m1qkksz8o5_540.gif

tumblr_p84pvg4N0m1qkksz8o6_540.gif

queen atlanna got more lines, had more action scenes, had a love interest, and even had a meaningful part in the climatic showdown between the brothers...when arthur and atlanna were reunited.. it was a heartfelt scene

t'chaka killed killmongers father, lied about killmongers birth, died without telling his son any of it, and apologized from beyond the grave....shit was almost more confusing than it was heartfelt...cuz he basically admitted to his son he was a bad king. which in reality leaves t'challa with more questions than answers, cuz now he has to figure out how much else is fucked up about their empire... but first he gotta fight this nigga for the throne back.. who in all reality has a legit claim and a reason to be mad....

shit was a cluterfuck..

If you don't see the irony that AM and his mama got 2 sentences and T'Chala and his daddy got damn near a paragraph.

Then....:js4:

Yall really be hyping up Black Panther lol, that shit was a 7.5 too in my book. Both got they flaws and cliche as fuck(tho that never bothers me in a movie) but both were cool movies

Last edited:
Yall really be hyping up Black Panther lol, that shit was a 7.5 too in my book. Both got they flaws and cliche as fuck(tho that never bothers me in a movie) but both were cool movies
Og I see you new to the discussion

If you gonna partake then the first thing you gotta throw out is common sense and rational thinking

AM gonna get these jokes

I'm watching aquaman right now and the nigga playing black manta is either over acting or just a bad actor period. Movie is good so far despite this bullshit rockstar version of aquaman.

I'm watching aquaman right now and the nigga playing black manta is either over acting or just a bad actor period. Movie is good so far despite this bullshit rockstar version of aquaman.
He was good until he put the suit on

I dunno if it's just rumors or a confirmed report, but the headline said that dc/wb has a trench movie in development.

Just seen Aquaman for the first time last night. And let me say, ..that shit was absolute dumpster fire trash. The shit that pisses me off is the people that said it was way better than Man of Steel. Man of steel was fucking Shakespeare compare to that bullshit.

Fucking Blac Manta was able to deconstruct and modify Atlantean Tech in a matter of days to...

My nigga..yo, I fucking hate America

Just seen Aquaman for the first time last night. And let me say, ..that shit was absolute dumpster fire trash. The shit that pisses me off is the people that said it was way better than Man of Steel. Man of steel was fucking Shakespeare compare to that bullshit.

Fucking Blac Manta was able to deconstruct and modify Atlantean Tech in a matter of days to...

I thought you were a DC fan. I liked man of steel much more too.

Why do you do this?

We got a whole thread dedicated to the movie

Go there and let DU lash out at you for this take

Lmao ask du how good that bullshit is

Hes overacting for sure. Everything else ive seen dude in he was great. Playing black manta they made him try and get all sinister and intimidating and it just didnt work out. I think the score of the film had a negative effect on things too. Just made it seem like all the cast had zero chemistry and both Manta and Orn came off cheesy af trying to be sinister/evil/intimidating.

Its fucked up because besides Mamoa, ive seen almost everyone in the film act in different projects and do a great job, but something about being in Aquaman made everything seem so forced and cheesy. Never thought Mamoa was a amazing actor either. He did good in Game of Thrones but he barely spoke so that helped lmao.

Back