Welcome To aBlackWeb

Netflix Dave Chappelle: What's In A Name?

the closer was barely a comedy special as well

then you had the George Floyd thing that wasn’t a comedy special (I can’t really knock that)

but damn can you TRY to provide the funny?

Lol nah this point he's Bill Cosby that says edgy jokes about LGBT people.

So it's not a special, set your expectations accordingly.

Netflix just provides him a platform for all of his content. This is similar to the Mark Twain award ceremony that they also threw up on there. He has his comedy specials, but also his musings, speeches, ruminations, and whatever the fuck else.

He the GOAT cause no matter the format or topic at hand its always brilliant and entertaining.

Yeah and that’s cool but a part of me feels like If we just keep letting him off the hook by saying shit like that then it could get worse. It’s a pathway to deterioration or stagnation potentially

OR…idk what I’m talking about lol

I’m sorry guys I’ll let you get back to the very vague comments about this special
Damn bruh

You really hate everything

People love to put others in a box, smh. Can he only speak when he’s telling jokes and being funny? Basically the shut up and dribble mentality.

If he’s saying some real shit people can relate to then he should have a platform and I’m glad he does. In this one, he’s saying some real shit about art and paid tribute to the school that provided the foundation for his artistry.

Good shit!

This not even a comedy set and i laughed more at this than the Mike Epps & Katt Williams specials.

Jerrod Carmichael's "special" was not funny at all either.

The Mona Lisa/The Closer analogy was funny as hell too

This not even a comedy set and i laughed more at this than the Mike Epps & Katt Williams specials.

Jerrod Carmichael's "special" was not funny at all either.

The Mona Lisa/The Closer analogy was funny as hell too

The shit that made me laugh the most on here was the joint about context...

"man shot in the face by 6 foot rabbit.. expected to survive" lol dude aint even crack a smile on that shit

Like everyone else has said Netflix has provided Dave a platform to do comedy but also speak on some real shit. I loved every minute of this speech. It was not a comedy special. Now that I have said that I really really hope his next special doesn’t speak on anything Trans. Naming his last special the closer I hope that is meaning his closing the book on that trans shit because Dave is so much more than being at odds with that community.

the closer was barely a comedy special as well

then you had the George Floyd thing that wasn’t a comedy special (I can’t really knock that)

but damn can you TRY to provide the funny?

Dave Chappelle stopped doing the "just jokes" thing a while ago. At this point, dude is more than a comedian. I get what people are saying though

Back