Welcome To aBlackWeb

Netflix Dave Chappelle: What's In A Name?

I haven't watched it yet. LLS maybe after I do my mind might change
lol and I’m not saying that Dave isn’t exactly working hard but I’m saying he’s clearly not putting in any effort to have a comedy show as a special anymore

Funny social commentary sure

but Dave can sit somewhere and tell 5 long winded stories for 50 mins and turn it into a special at this point

that’s what I mean by coasting

lol and I’m not saying that Dave isn’t exactly working hard but I’m saying he’s clearly not putting in any effort to have a comedy show as a special anymore

but Dave can sit somewhere and tell 5 long winded stories for 50 mins and turn it into a special at this point

pretty much. it's still great content and commentary.. just aint always FUNNY content necessarily.

I aint mad at it

Ok I get what you saying now.

Fuck it as long as it's funny I'm cool with it.

Ok I get what you saying now.

Fuck it as long as it's funny I'm cool with it.
Yeah and that’s cool but a part of me feels like If we just keep letting him off the hook by saying shit like that then it could get worse. It’s a pathway to deterioration or stagnation potentially

OR…idk what I’m talking about lol

I’m sorry guys I’ll let you get back to the very vague comments about this special

I dont think it was a comedy special tho... or even marketed as such. It's just him giving a speech

"Dave Chappelle delivers a speech at his prestigious alma mater that reflects on his comedy roots, his rise to fame and why artists "should never behave.""

Cool.

now I can watch with different expectations

I dont think it was a comedy special tho... or even marketed as such. It's just him giving a speech

"Dave Chappelle delivers a speech at his prestigious alma mater that reflects on his comedy roots, his rise to fame and why artists "should never behave.""
the closer was barely a comedy special as well

then you had the George Floyd thing that wasn’t a comedy special (I can’t really knock that)

but damn can you TRY to provide the funny?

Kinda surprised at how long he has kept this conversation going…but I guess I’ll give it a shot

Back