Welcome To aBlackWeb

Daniel Kaluuya to produce a live-action Barney movie

Nobody plays wit legos anymore?? SHHHHIIIIIEEEETTT...that statement is false.

Legos STILL popular. Moreso than ever.

My son is 15 and got a GRIP of Legos along with the Lego Minecraft sets that he never opened (he's trying to collect those). We still play around with 'em from time to time too.

The movies and vidya games just made them even more popular. Their shit is everywhere and they even have entire Lego stores.

That's where the opportunity is tho. Nobody gave a fuck about Captain America and a lot of us thought there were more deserving Marvel characters. Same with The Lego Movies, Black Panther, 21 Jump Street, Star Trek and a few others.

Lmao you talking out your ass on this one. How were they gonna do avengers and not do Captain America? Theres like 3-4 captain America movies that were made before the 90's. He was always at the forefront of their plans and people have always given a shit. He wasn't just some throw in character.

Copy and pasted cuz niggas don't read:

"I'm not saying Captain America should have been replaced. I'm not saying he would have failed. I'm saying that a Captain America film was risky compared to other Marvel characters they could have introduced instead but it worked out. Same can go for Barney if you have the right script and direction.

For Cap, you had to introduce the First Avenger as an origin story set in the 1940s World War 2 and it had to go well with a whole new audience. Not to mention there's a huge budget riding on it and it failing be it critically or financially can change the direction you're trying to go in later making an Avengers movie. The fact that fans like yourself gave it a chance is no reason why people who grew up on Barney can't also show support out of curiosity, nostalgia or interest. That's all I've been saying this whole time."

I'm saying it wasn't risky as your making it seem. They been pushing cap since the 70's.

Barney is risky. It's not doing those numbers cause there is no real nostalgia there. Barney was more of a punchline than anything else at its peak.

If it's going to be about what you said it's going to be about it could have critical success but niggas aren't flocking to the theaters to see a barney film. I promise.

I'm saying it wasn't risky as your making it seem. They been pushing cap since the 70's.

Barney is risky. It's not doing those numbers cause there is no real nostalgia there. Barney was more of a punchline than anything else at its peak.

If it's going to be about what you said it's going to be about it could have critical success but niggas aren't flocking to the theaters to see a barney film. I promise.
this is random af but i remember being a kid and we went to I think Six Flags in Dallas or some shit

we stopped at a Denny's that morning to eat before we headed out to the park

I saw there was a newspaper in the lil stand that you had to pay like .50 for and the headline was "barney gets beat up at a concert"

that made me laugh and im not sure why.

That jab was heavily cynical, though.

:lipbite::imdead:

cdv6c7bpnnnonoefagml.jpg

So Barney's gonna be some kinda deranged serial killer? Monster in the closet? Some Donnie Darko shit???

I’m going to guess it’s about the guy who’s actually in the Barney suit and he suffers from depression or just has issues in general as he puts on this stupid ass costume everyday

And he's gay or trans... or both. Gotta have that these days.

Back