Welcome To aBlackWeb

Dame Dash speaks on the real reason Roc-a-fella broke up.

First the "real" reason was Jay wanted to be friendly with the people Dame was spazzing on or, as I like to call it, being a mature adult and having discussions instead of throwing tantrums like baby mama on Maury. Now he was cool with that behavior by inference, but he didn't like the pay structure.

Let's just be real and use the eyeball test: given Jay-Z's intelligence, he grew to see the larger picture and realized Dame's "I'm a boss" mentality was going to leave them bosses of nothing at worst and stagnate in the middle of the road at best. He saw ways to ascend through mentorship or at the very least having conversations with people who did what he was trying to do as educational rather than competitive and didn't get butt hurt when someone told him his way wasn't the best way or rather took it as constructive criticism.

What makes more sense? He destroyed his label over short change or to be what he's become? Not a businessman. He's a business, man.

First the "real" reason was Jay wanted to be friendly with the people Dame was spazzing on or, as I like to call it, being a mature adult and having discussions instead of throwing tantrums like baby mama on Maury. Now he was cool with that behavior by inference, but he didn't like the pay structure.

Let's just be real and use the eyeball test: given Jay-Z's intelligence, he grew to see the larger picture and realized Dame's "I'm a boss" mentality was going to leave them bosses of nothing at worst and stagnate in the middle of the road at best. He saw ways to ascend through mentorship or at the very least having conversations with people who did what he was trying to do as educational rather than competitive and didn't get butt hurt when someone told him his way wasn't the best way or rather took it as constructive criticism.

What makes more sense? He destroyed his label over short change or to be what he's become? Not a businessman. He's a business, man.
Yeah Dame is like that friend in the group that you gotta cut off cause he's ruining things.

"Should have stayed in food and beverage too much flossing too much Sam Rothstein."

Obeezy.gif

My nigga just dropped one of the realest post.

PoTY Candidate.

And...also, the postion Dame held is obsolete in this downsized music industry

Hell, Birdman gave an interview years ago saying im the only one left....its even less now

If Top Dawg gets excised from his collective , the internet gonna turn around n wave they finger at him, as if that wasnt the external industry objective since they became viable

we talk about the decline in the quality of black music all the time...there has been a gradual expulsion of black middlemen/managers companies etc goin on since the 70s...were living in the fruits of it...the 2000s may have been the last horrah

Back