Welcome To aBlackWeb

Dallas Officer Amber Guyger's trial for the murder of Botham Shem Jean begins (FOUND GUILTY)

We all know the bitch is lying but what that chick just showed in that video and slightly ajar are two very different things.

I think the point is that the doors are spring loaded to close, so it wouldn't have be possible for the door to be ajar. If someone walked in, the door would close behind them. I guess the counter would be that the person could have purposely stopped the door from closing all the way, but that seems unlikely in this case.

I think the point is that the doors are spring loaded to close, so it wouldn't have be possible for the door to be ajar. If someone walked in, the door would close behind them. I guess the counter would be that the person could have purposely stopped the door from closing all the way, but that seems unlikely in this case.

The point of the video is obvious. At the same time what she did with the door and slightly ajar is still two very different things and doesn't help shit. Also with spring loaded doors if the person doesn't want the door to close all the way they would slow the door down from closing which would in most cases leave a slight crack in the door. It would look similar to this.
641-04931282en_Masterfile.jpg

The door leading into houses from the garage are supposed to be spring loaded by law now for some years. Yet when I don't want my door to close all the way I just slow the door down from slamming shut and it leaves a slight crack in the door. Now if the broad in the video did it that way and it still closed all the way it would make a better case for what she is saying against what the officer is saying. That is my point.

Regardless of any of that I still think the officer is lying just that this video didn't help prove the officer is lying IMO

The point of the video is obvious. At the same time what she did with the door and slightly ajar is still two very different things and doesn't help shit. Also with spring loaded doors if the person doesn't want the door to close all the way they would slow the door down from closing which would in most cases leave a slight crack in the door. It would look similar to this.
641-04931282en_Masterfile.jpg

The door leading into houses from the garage are supposed to be spring loaded by law now for some years. Yet when I don't want my door to close all the way I just slow the door down from slamming shut and it leaves a slight crack in the door. Now if the broad in the video did it that way and it still closed all the way it would make a better case for what she is saying against what the officer is saying. That is my point.

Regardless of any of that I still think the officer is lying just that this video didn't help prove the officer is lying IMO

If the point of her video was obvious, why do you keep arguing beside the point. She wasn't trying to demonstrate that it was impossible for the door to be ajar. She was demonstrating that if someone walked in normally, the door would close. As you yourself admit, you have to purposely try to keep the door open slight. There is no good reason to assume the victim did that, which calls the cop's version of the story into question.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/dal...eatment-dallas-officer-after-shot-botham-jean

Did Amber Guyger get special treatment as a Dallas officer after she shot Botham Jean?

Legal experts disagree on whether Officer Amber Guyger received special treatment from her colleagues in law enforcement after she shot 26-year-old Botham Jean in his own apartment.

Guyger has been charged with manslaughter, but she wasn't arrested until three days after shooting Jean.

Attorneys for his family say that delay proves the officer wasn't treated like an ordinary suspect, even though she admitted she killed Jean when she mistook his apartment for hers.

But Dallas' mayor and district attorney have defended how law enforcement has handled the case.

The affidavit

An arrest-warrant affidavit says Guyger put her key in the wrong door, which she said had been slightly ajar. The door opened from the force of putting her key inside, she told police. It also says Guyger gave "verbal commands that were ignored" before she fired her weapon, fatally striking Jean in the torso.

The affidavit clearly draws on Guyger’s perspective. Although the affidavit doesn't say an investigator with the Texas Rangers interviewed her before writing it, details about what she said she saw and how she used her key make it clear authorities relied on Guyger’s narrative of the shooting — and perhaps no one else’s — to develop probable cause for the warrant.

Dallas defense attorney Clint Broden called that alarming. The wording of the affidavit portrays Guyger's statements as facts, he said.

“The person who signed the warrant is essentially making a false statement because he does not know the defendant’s version to be ‘fact,’ and he should not have signed an affidavit implying these were facts,” Broden said in an email.

But defense attorney Ted Steinke, who worked in the Dallas County district attorney’s office for 18 years, said the handling of the affidavit was not so strange.

“In an arrest-warrant affidavit, there only has to be enough information in there to justify the arrest,” he said. “That’s why the less police can put in there, the better for them.”

If officers think they have enough information to support probable cause for an arrest simply from talking to a suspect, that’s enough to make the case to a judge, Steinke said. Even if after a warrant is signed, it’s determined there wasn't enough probable cause for a warrant, it won’t stop a grand jury from making a decision on the case.

“I think there’s enough to justify the arrest, but then again, it doesn’t take much,” Steinke said.

An attorney for Jean’s family called the affidavit self-serving.

"Botham Jean is not here to give his version of what happened because he's dead,” lawyer Benjamin Crump said at a news conference Monday.

But the affidavit isn’t the only part of Guyger’s case that attorneys for Jean’s family say proves the officer was treated better than other suspects.

Attorneys for Jean’s family have pointed to the facts that it took three days for officials to issue a warrant for Guyger’s arrest and that Guyger was allowed to turn herself in to the Kaufman County jail, rather than being taken into custody in Dallas.

The time in between

Attorneys disagree on whether Guyger should have been arrested the night of the shooting.

Tom Mills, a defense attorney who represented the white McKinney police officer who slammed a black girl to the ground at a 2015 pool party, said it’s reasonable for an investigator to gather more information before making an arrest. That's especially true when an incident involves someone like a police officer who is trained to properly handle a firearm, Mills said.

But he said he didn’t know enough about the circumstances of Guyger's case to decide whether investigators took too long to arrest her.

Most manslaughter cases don’t involve shootings, said Danny Clancy, a defense attorney and former judge. Nine times out of ten, the charge is used after a person has been killed in a crash, he said.

The Dallas Morning News examined jail and police records for the five most recent manslaughter suspects arrested in Dallas County before Guyger’s arrest. All of them faced charges after they were involved in car wrecks that killed someone, affidavits showed.

Larry Jarrett, a defense attorney and former Dallas County prosecutor, said he was surprised Guyger was not arrested immediately. Even if a person calls 911 to report shooting someone, an arrest would be made immediately, he said.

The fact that police had only Guyger's account of the shooting should not have mattered, he said.

Clancy said he also thought that in most situations similar to Guyger's police would have made an arrest right away But he said investigators may not have considered a flight risk and took time to try to clear up a “very confusing scenario.”

The jail

Dallas lawyers commonly encourage their clients to turn themselves in at less-populated jails such as Kaufman County's, Clancy said.

If Guyger had been arrested at the South Side Flats apartment complex right after the shooting, officers would have taken her straight to Lew Sterrett Justice Center near downtown.

Steinke said it’s standard practice for authorities to tell attorneys when warrants have been issued, so clients can turn themselves in right away. That saves officers the trouble of tracking suspects down, he said.

Guyger’s bail was set at $300,000, significantly higher than the amounts for some other manslaughter suspects in Dallas County.

Three of the five most recent manslaughter suspects in Dallas County had bail set at $50,000. One suspect, who faces two manslaughter charges, had his bail set at $25,000 for each charge. Another person was being held on insufficient bond, with no set amount listed, according to jail records.

089C93F7-FB12-4534-BED4-126ED7C69663.gif

If the point of her video was obvious, why do you keep arguing beside the point. She wasn't trying to demonstrate that it was impossible for the door to be ajar. She was demonstrating that if someone walked in normally, the door would close. As you yourself admit, you have to purposely try to keep the door open slight. There is no good reason to assume the victim did that, which calls the cop's version of the story into question.

By doing the shit her way she's also assuming that Jean did what she did. I'm not arguing shit I said exactly what I said which was the video was fucking pointless.

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/09/11/dallas-police-chief-concerned-pepper-balls-used-demonstration/

Dallas Police Chief ‘Concerned’ About Pepper Balls Used During Demonstration

DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Dallas Police Chief Renee Hall expressed concern Tuesday following reports of an officer using pepper balls during a demonstration for the deadly shooting of Botham Jean.

Chief Hall said the department will be investigating the use of the pepper balls and that they should only be used when instructed or if there’s an “immediate threat to the public.”

A large group gathered Monday evening to protest the deadly shooting of 26-year-old Botham Jean by off-duty Dallas officer Amber Guyger, who says she mistook his apartment as her own.

Guyger was arrested and charged with manslaughter on Sunday at the Kaufman County Jail. She later posted her $300,000 bond.

In the full statement, Chief Hall said:

“I am concerned to learn of reports that one of our officers deployed potentially several pepper balls during a demonstration last night. I have asked our investigative unit to conduct a full review. The use of pepper balls is governed by our General Orders, and they are only to be utilized if instructed to do so by the on scene commander or if there is an immediate threat to the public. I plan to meet directly with the leadership of the demonstration to address their concerns.”

By doing the shit her way she's also assuming that Jean did what she did. I'm not arguing shit I said exactly what I said which was the video was fucking pointless.

It wasn't pointless. Her intentions were to show that the door was springloaded which decreases the likelihood that it was just sitting ajar, and in turn decreases the likelihood that the cops account was accurate. I'm not really sure what's hard to understand about that. Is it still possible that the door could have been ajar? Yes, but when you combine this evidence with all the other inconsistencies, it makes the case against the cop stronger. That's how preponderance of evidence works.

It wasn't pointless. Her intentions were to show that the door was springloaded which decreases the likelihood that it was just sitting ajar, and in turn decreases the likelihood that the cops account was accurate. I'm not really sure what's hard to understand about that.

It was pointless cause it doesn't prove shit against the officer.

The door very well could've been slightly ajar because Jean wanted it to be that way for whatever reason only he would know and we won't cause he dead.

You of the opinion it proved or showed you something. I'm of the opinion it didn't and was pointless.

So now what?

Morgan, then why didnt her reports say the door was propped open then?

the door can be ajar if it was propped open, but its not like it was open b/c dude didnt close it all the way which is what the chick video is disproving.

A door on a spring can be left open without propping it based on the strength of the spring and how open the door was when it was released. The lady had the door all the way open which makes it pointless. If she had it open just a bit it could have possibly not closed.

Why is this so hard to understand?

i just asked the question

Oh. In that case I have no reason to believe they were just like in the zillion other cases where police have felt entitled to murder black people with impunity.

Maybe they were but that's one hell of an assumption.

Back