Welcome To aBlackWeb

Daily Rap Album Vs 4: In Our Lifetime vs Ridin' Dirty

Which is the better album?

• Ridin' Dirty

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • In Our Lifetime

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
I was 20 and 23 respectively when these joints came out...and since I missed them when they were new, I damn sure don’t wanna hear some dated bullshit lol

And for tha record my horizons have broadened significantly since my youth....pause...lol
where you from bro

UGK got my vote. I would like to see a versus from two of the songs of both albums tho. HI-Life vs. Paid Dues.

Both of those songs are up there with respects to introspective country rap tunes

lol I guess. I don't know how you can call the albums dated bullshit without listening to them. That's not really how music works. Shit isn't bad just because its old.

That’s exactly how music works bruh...that’s where tha term “dated” comes from...shit not carrying that same “spunk” it did when it came out...not saying old music is trash cuz it’s not at all...but some shit definitely doesn’t age well...some does...and while you’re right, I can’t call it dated if I haven’t listened to it but I can come to a pretty reasonable guestamation that if I didn’t like it back then, after 20 years of exposure to UGK and 8ball & MJG and them not catching my attention all these years...I probably won’t like that shit now

And for clarification purposes...I was down south when these albums dropped...I’ve “heard them” but never liked anything enough from any of these dudes to be like...yeah, I wanna listen to more of that

That’s exactly how music works bruh...that’s where tha term “dated” comes from...shit not carrying that same “spunk” it did when it came out...not saying old music is trash cuz it’s not at all...but some shit definitely doesn’t age well...some does...and while you’re right, I can’t call it dated if I haven’t listened to it but I can come to a pretty reasonable guestamation that if I didn’t like it back then, after 20 years of exposure to UGK and 8ball & MJG and them not catching my attention all these years...I probably won’t like that shit now

And for clarification purposes...I was down south when these albums dropped...I’ve “heard them” but never liked anything enough from any of these dudes to be like...yeah, I wanna listen to more of that

If you don't like UGK and 8Ball & MJG, that's fine, but that's different than calling them dated. You're basically saying that you didn't like the music when it was fresh, so you wouldn't really have a concept of whether or not it aged well.

It's all good though. Everyone has their tastes.

Originally NY...Brooklyn to be more specific
but I’ve been down south in SC since I was an early teen...over 30 years now

You was in NY just long enough for that southern hate to permeate lol

If you don't like UGK and 8Ball & MJG, that's fine, but that's different than calling them dated. You're basically saying that you didn't like the music when it was fresh, so you wouldn't really have a concept of whether or not it aged well.

It's all good though. Everyone has their tastes.

Enh...tomato tomato

I didn’t wanna shit on y’all thread really...it was just a harmless gif

Y’all enjoy ya mans and them lol

You was in NY just long enough for that southern hate to permeate lol

I used to be waaaay worse...Kast and Goodie Mob were tha ONLY southern artists I listened for years...but now

Curren$y
K.R.I.T.
J.I.D.
EarthGang
Deante Hitchcock
2 Chainz

They get mad AirPlay in my whip....tha 1st 4 I named are some of my favorite artists for tha past few years too

I’m growing guys...pause no homillz lol

Man Please
Eightball & MJG

Ridin Dirty is my favorite Hip Hop album of all time. The South's Illmatic, UGK 4 Life.

Riding dirty had bigger hits southern classics in our lifetime came out my 10th grade year? And was the soundtrack for that summer for me. In our lifetime takes this hands down for me

Back