Welcome To aBlackWeb

dababy gets dragged for homophobic remarks

i don’t get why folks get so upset when somebody is cancelled. Most of them have recovered. But it’s like some of y’all make it way bigger like everybody is sensitive

omfg nigga.

History has shown that "canceling a person" doesn't solve anything. It jus makes em double down or click up w similarly fucked up like minded ppl.

Its like kicking a racist out of a group. He doesn't stop being racist. He jus finds other racist ppl to share those thoughts w.

An actual conversation about why the person feels that way (rite or wrong), air grievances and correcting the behavior actually solves the issue.

Ed Buck got convicted and is going to prison for the rest of his life. Da Baby just got told he can't perform at a concert. That's a very shitty comparison to try and draw.
That energy y’all had for “convicted” R Kelly and “convicted” Bill Cosby. I need that same energy for Ed Buck

omfg nigga.

History has shown that "canceling a person" doesn't solve anything. It jus makes em double down or click up w similarly fucked up like minded ppl.

Its like kicking a racist out of a group. He doesn't stop being racist. He jus finds other racist ppl to share those thoughts w.

An actual conversation about why the person feels that way (rite or wrong), air grievances and correcting the behavior actually solves the issue.

The person has to also be open to the conversation and why what they said/did was wrong...and people seem to have a problem admitting that.

Also when dealing with certain groups of people there's only but so much grace that can be expected when historically they've been treated as less than as a standard. So not being all open arms to someone saying something offensive isn't all that shocking

omfg nigga.

Relax a bit. When I say they have recovered isn’t that going right along with saying canceling solves nothing. Further what type of conversation are you gonna have with a racist in this world that will convince them not to be racist. With all this knowledge out here. The same with somebody being homophobic or sexist. Are we supposed to coddle folks for there stupidity when they can easily educate themselves? Yea go have a sit down with a racist and see if breaking down systemic racism will change his views?

Elton John nicely broke down why he was wrong

so he was held accountable for his actions. Is that a bad thing?
So was R Kelly and y’all was all in those threads. Bill Cosby did time and y’all were in those threads. Real question. Why don’t y’all care? I was told y’all were against violence against black LGBT people. So why so silent on this issue?

So was R Kelly and y’all was all in those threads. Bill Cosby did time and y’all were in those threads. Real question. Why don’t y’all care? I was told y’all were against violence against black LGBT people. So why so silent on this issue?
I commented in the thread. It wasn’t that much traffic because nobody was defending him like in those other threads I believe.

Rap music targeted demographic doesn't give a damn about the violence & sexism lyrics , so I find it very disingenuous to even ask why doesn't other demographics care or speak out about it. It’s really a weak & pathetic argument to make

Exactly but they don’t care for context

Relax a bit. When I say they have recovered isn’t that going right along with saying canceling solves nothing. Further what type of conversation are you gonna have with a racist in this world that will convince them not to be racist. With all this knowledge out here. The same with somebody being homophobic or sexist. Are we supposed to coddle folks for there stupidity when they can easily educate themselves? Yea go have a sit down with a racist and see if breaking down systemic racism will change his views?

Elton John nicely broke down why he was wrong

1st bolded...most of those types of ppl live a bubble. Most know nuthin but other races n cultures (yes, they prolly haven't looked, its jus ignorance) sometimes a simple conversation goes a long way.

2nd bolded...yes Elton broke it down. But did Elton reach out?...again if Elton broke it down, do "we" still need to cancel him?

1st bolded...most of those types of ppl live a bubble. Most know nuthin but other races n cultures (yes, they prolly haven't looked, its jus ignorance) sometimes a simple conversation goes a long way.

2nd bolded...yes Elton broke it down. But did Elton reach out?...again if Elton broke it down, do "we" still need to cancel him?

do a song with lil Nas x and he good

Well there's nobody defending Ed Buck or trying to mount a claim of how he's being rail roaded. You bringing up Ed Buck is just you trying to be antagonistic and failing

I was Chatty Patty House (aka ClubHouse) earlier....

They really are trying to cancel this dude. Him and anyone who chooses to work with him.

Back