Welcome To aBlackWeb

Netflix Cowboy Bebop (CANCELED After 1 Season)

MoeW

‘Cowboy Bebop’ Live-Action Series Lands at Netflix

Netflix has ordered the planned live-action adaptation of the iconic anime series “Cowboy Bebop,” Variety has learned.

The series is described as the jazz-inspired, genre-bending story of Spike Spiegel, Jet Black, Faye Valentine and Radical Ed, a rag-tag crew of bounty hunters on the run from their pasts as they hunt down the solar system’s most dangerous criminals. They’ll even save the world for the right price.

The series, which hails from Tomorrow Studios, has been in the works since last year. Netflix has ordered 10 episodes.

Shinichiro Watanabe, director of the original anime, will serve as a consultant on the project. Andre Nemec, Josh Appelbaum, Jeff Pinkner, and Scott Rosenberg of Midnight Radio will serve as executive producers. Yasuo Miyakawa, Masayuki Ozaki, and Shin Sasaki of Sunrise Inc.– the studio behind the original series–will also executive produce along with Marty Adelstein and Becky Clements of Tomorrow Studios, Tetsu Fujimura, and Matthew Weinberg. The series is a co-production between Netflix and Tomorrow Studios, with Netflix handling physical production.

Cowboy Bebop” proved to be a major commercial and critical success despite the fact the entire television series consists of just 26 episodes. It has inspired two manga series and an anime film, the latter of which was released in the U.S. in 2003.

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/cowboy-bebop-live-action-series-netflix-1203038458/

1708387515378.png

Never really mucked wit the anime series...but I might check it out

Oh please let this be good. Please don't be another Netflix Death Note.

thats the first thing i said when i read about this...

as soon as they whiten it up to make it appeal to a "wider" audience they fuck it up and lose everybody.

stick to the script and everything'll be fine, like bleach..

They should've made a movie with Keanu Reeves as Spike Spiegel. I don't trust Netflix with this.

I f Gotham over, my nigga Jim Gordon would be great as spike

Back