Welcome To aBlackWeb

Cop Fatally Shoots Woman During Mental Health Check

With that being said people have to stop calling police for mental health episodes. I don't know who to call though.

I didn't watch the video and I usually agree with this but if a person is having a psychotic episode and messing around with knives I can't fault the people around for calling the police.

Families really should have better options for dealing with people with mental illness though because I doubt this lady was perfectly healthy and just snapped that day. We need to bring back mental institutions but with a focus on short term treatment and stabilization along with a path to long-term recovery.

I didn't watch the video and I usually agree with this but if a person is having a psychotic episode and messing around with knives I can't fault the people around for calling the police.

Families really should have better options for dealing with people with mental illness though because I doubt this lady was perfectly healthy and just snapped that day. We need to bring back mental institutions but with a focus on short term treatment and stabilization along with a path to long-term recovery.

The way it should work is that a mental health professional is sent out and takes lead with a cop as help in case things spiral too far out of control.

The way it should work is that a mental health professional is sent out and takes lead with a cop as help in case things spiral too far out of control.
So what happens if she starts swinging at the medical professional? That's the person who called the cops to begin with.

The bigger issue is how fast mental health is declining in the country. We're a nation of pill poppers and no one is allowed to call out how that has fucked up so many people.

So what happens if she starts swinging at the medical professional? That's the person who called the cops to begin with.

The bigger issue is how fast mental health is declining in the country. We're a nation of pill poppers and no one is allowed to call out how that has fucked up so many people.

The cop steps in with non lethals on deck. Taser, pepper spray, beanbag gun, rubber bullets... There's options for shit like this.

I wonā€™t watch the video but the screen shot floating around is crazy. I thought it was from a tv show or movie before I found out it was real.

Back