Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Conway The Machine - From King To A God

FKTG

• Total voters
Albums exactly what I expected just MORE of it lol only thing that I didn’t expect was it to be Damn near an hour long....glad he stepped out of his comfort zone on a few songs and was still raw wit it...I’m givin’ this a 4.5 off a 2 day run

My AOTY and favorite albums of the year so far...

1. Reasonable Drought- Stove God Cook$

No One Mourns the Wicked- Conway
Lulu- Conway
From King to God- Conway
Pray For Paris- Westside Gunn
King’s Disease- Nas
Alfredo- Freddie Gibbs
The Outrunners- Curren$y
The People’s Champ- Flee Lord
Loyalty & Trust - Flee Lord n 38 Spesh
Pray for the Evil 2- Flee Lord m Mephux

HM: Karma 3- Dave East, 6 Shots- 38 Spesh, Milestones- Skyzoo, Flygod is an Awesome God- Westside Gunn, Price of Tea in China- Boldy James,

Last edited:
Yoooooo @Mooney

See the source image
:scust:

I like how he payed homage to certain sounds/rappers...

Lemon is some Wu-Tang, Juvenile Hell is some Mobb Deep, Jesus Khrysis is some Sean P...
Man I was thinking this but couldn't put it together

Lemons was so Wu Meth sounded like he recycled a 36 Chambers verse and I was waiting on a P verse on Juvenile Hell and I'm not even a Mobb fan like that. My mind kept saying any minute the duns bout to come out

You hit the nail on the head with this assessment

Fire all around. I like the diversity of beats on the project and Conway's approach on said beats. Banks killed his verse, Benny killed his verse. I like the track with Gibbs but he should have let Gibbs do the hook since he has experience of doing hooks like that on his own records. Least favorite track might be the one with Armani

"Used to bag the dope playin' Mos Black on Both Sides
Was in the streets, but I still provided the hope for those guys
I'm just lettin' my soul fly, flow raw like the bricks from the source
Where you gotta take a plane and a boat ride..."

Back