Welcome To aBlackWeb

Concrete Boys up next?

Generalizing statement.

This is downfall for most of y'all here.
Again, this is the stuff that's getting pushed as rap or just letting people be different.

Most of this stuff sounds the same. People are too concerned with telling these cats "nah, this ain't it"

I miss the days of actual artist development. It's so easy to find a SoundCloud beat, put some gibberish over it and you have a song that somehow makes it's way into algorithms and people using it for their videos.

If what I said is my downfall, I'll gladly be and accept that. I'm all for giving new artists a chance which is how I became a fan of Chris Crack. But this stuff is nowhere near the level of that dude

This is intentional to have an underground/we don't give AF and not even trying aesthetic.

It's a reason why the chick in the group raps like a lazy version similar to Currensy. Some folks won't like it or get it but it's all intended to sound dirty aka go against the grain of sounding over produced.

Kinda like Lil B type

Again, this is the stuff that's getting pushed as rap or just letting people be different.

Most of this stuff sounds the same. People are too concerned with telling these cats "nah, this ain't it"

I miss the days of actual artist development. It's so easy to find a SoundCloud beat, put some gibberish over it and you have a song that somehow makes it's way into algorithms and people using it for their videos.

If what I said is my downfall, I'll gladly be and accept that. I'm all for giving new artists a chance which is how I became a fan of Chris Crack. But this stuff is nowhere near the level of that dude

Chris Crack main element is his bars and lyrics. Similar to other new school rappers like MIKE, Billy Woods, Stove God Cooks.

I keep going back to the subgenre aspect of things.

Concrete Boys collection is a mixture clever bars, interesting beats, and creating a vibe to chill and swag too. I prefer their more energetic songs excluding Karaboo I like most of her shit.

Hip Hop is like black people aka not monolithic but is mostly argued to be which constantly create divides.

Your scale of what makes something dope is different from the next man because at the end of the day art is subjective. I don't like all new shit out as well (was never into Lil Baby type rappers) but it's a preference thing.

I think things get weird when different sub genres of hip hop, young and old people try to tell each other what is dope. It's corny whenever the teenie boppers do it. Its corny whenever the old heads do it.

Truth is sub genres in hip hop has to be expressed more for folks to truly process and understand wtf is going so the infighting would stop.

Btw this BEEN going on. Even in the 90s it's a reason why OutKast was booed at the Source awards and Wu Tang felt it was important to make music with them and appreciate their different vibes and styles.

Hell some of you old niggas in here stuck y'all ways to this day to not call most southern rappers legends because of NY or East coast bias.

I vehemently disagree

I thoroughly enjoy Chris Crack and he sounds NOTHING like this stuff. He's not hiding behind "dope" beats to mask an inability to actually rap.
Btw this post is very telling. The ability to rap is one of your biggest priorities and that's ok because there is a ton of new artists that can provide this.

The problem is mainstream/media suppresses other sub genres of hip hop which makes them not seen as important. Luckily algorithms can help you discover other artists like Chris Crack. Spotify creates playlists for individuals like you. So you should be able to see more newer artists who specialize in the lyrical sword style.

no silverfoxx slander will be tolerated.

Heā€™s one of the few that keep his word and supports others round here and ainā€™t on fuck shit or scamming.

Lil homie hooked me up with music on many occasions and did a remix of my latest commercial music that got high praise from focus groups in like 5 countries. He did that shit in like an hour. Heā€™s good people.

Ya some hoes.

Stall em out.
I got his back , no diddy.

Btw this post is very telling. The ability to rap is one of your biggest priorities and that's ok because there is a ton of new artists that can provide this.

The problem is mainstream/media suppresses other sub genres of hip hop which makes them not seen as important. Luckily algorithms can help you discover other artists like Chris Crack. Spotify creates playlists for individuals like you. So you should be able to see more newer artists who specialize in the lyrical sword style.
Brother,

The ability to actually rap is what should be at the center of discussions like these. It should never take a backseat

I can appreciate someone like Lil b saying shit like "hoes on my dick cause I look like beiber" or whatever. No one was trying to pass him off as a legit rapper.

I understand there is a market for these types of dudes which is what pisses me off when people up north always try to use one hit wonders from the south to try and prove a point.

The main difference at least in my eyes is no one took those cats serious. If you making bubble gum raps, cool, but you not gonna be mentioned in no serious discussions about the craft.

This era to me is an extension of the pills/lean era where kids are saying practically anything and people trying to act like it's some multi layered stuff. They are an extension of mumble rappers too.

All jokes aside Dlo the Boss man is the rookie of the year so far. Made a thread about him months back and he still going strong and bringing trap music back. Streets saying he the new Young Jeezy

Back