FEATURED Complex's Top 15 NY Rappers of All Time

test
Top 3 NY rappers:

1. Biggie
2. Nas
3. Jay-Z

I ain't even trippin' because Complex has always been on some culture vulture shit. To put Jay over Big is disrespect imo.
They’ll try and use the fact that Jay lived and big didn’t, but seriously???

If anybody listens to Jay pre 1996, he rapped like Kane and Das Efx.

He then started rapping like BIG and NaS. It’s very obvious they influenced his style. So I don’t have an issue with saying they’re better than him. At pure rapping???? Not talking records, sales none of that. Pure rapping perspective? Absolutely.

I think BIG was better charismatically. He had a better rap voice, he was a natural talent at rapping.

NaS has great technical skills at rapping. Very sharp at rapping in general.

Reactions: willhustle
They’ll try and use the fact that Jay lived and big didn’t, but seriously???

If anybody listens to Jay pre 1996, he rapped like Kane and Das Efx.

He then started rapping like BIG and NaS. It’s very obvious they influenced his style. So I don’t have an issue with saying they’re better than him. At pure rapping???? Not talking records, sales none of that. Pure rapping perspective? Absolutely.

I think BIG was better charismatically. He had a better rap voice, he was a natural talent at rapping.

NaS has great technical skills at rapping. Very sharp at rapping in general.
I think BIG was just dope from a lyrical perspective because he just had way of being slick with his wordplay in his raps. Then he could come back on a dark track like Niggas Bleed or Somebody Got To Die and lay out a story (like rappers use to do). Imo BIG was the original PLK. Nas was like the East version of Pac to a degree being that he had a political voice just like Pac but he was sharp & technical with his rhymes.

Jay dropped in '96 but didn't blow up until '98. This the same Jay-Z that got slaughtered by Nas on Ether and constantly bit rhymes from BIG after he died. This guy supposed to be better than Nas & BIG?