Welcome To aBlackWeb

Coming Soon Common & Pete Rock - The Auditorium Vol. 1 (7/12)

Bro these visuals. 🔥Got it looking like an oldschool Spike Lee joint or something. And Pete with the casual, traditional, super-crisp drums and the opening verse. Felt good to hear a verse from Pete, I can't front I been watching this like once every couple hours since it dropped. Master level work, effortless.

They are my 1 and 2 ALL time GOATS

Preemo always slightly edged Pete out
But now, in this later era of their careers

Pete clearly has caught his 2nd wind. His production today sounds fresh, crisp and soulful
That ole SP12000 vibe from yesteryear but yet update for the modern day

Meanwhile, Preemo production these last several years have been more miss than hits. His beats sound dated, soulless and mechanical

He really needs to go back to his old drum machine and equipment

again, people need to go listen to that Skyzoo album man..........

i think it comes down to skill sets. Pete is the GOAT when it comes to separating different elements from samples and layering them. The story about how he made T.R.O.Y sums it up.

Preemo is basically a straight-up formula of GRITTY OLD SAMPLE CHOP + SP-1200 DRUMS + TURNTABLISM that has worked for 3 decades.

Preemo beats make MCs wanna black the fuck out and spit, Pete Rock makes you reminisce.......

its like the old pro-wrestling smark debates about Bret Hart vs. Ric Flair. Bret was great because he could be flexible and adapt to any wrestler in the ring. Ric was great because he had a set formula that could work with any wrestler, even if they were a stiff like El Gigante.

Back