Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News Comedic Legend Paul Mooney passes away at 79

The greatest comedian to ever walk the planet. No man roots his career in articulating the pain, joy, struggle, and success of Black people through comedy the way this man did without being divinely sent.

Even in his sarcasm and exaggeration, he showed himself to be a student of history and spiritually devoted to his people. He taught. He fought. When he took the stage, it was less a stand up routine and moreso a master class of love, anger, wisdom, and humor.

RIP to a legend.

Not sure if everyone knows this, but not only was he a great comedian...........but he also wrote most of Richard Pryor's best material.

Never really appreciated him in his prime, because I was always frustrated that he only ever talked about race.

Actually thought he'd be a better comedian if he stopped talking about race.

Looking back on it now, it was brilliant.

Simply because I finally started to realize that almost everything is about race............even when it seems like it isn't.

RIP to a legend.

Not sure if everyone knows this, but not only was he a great comedian...........but he also wrote most of Richard Pryor's best material.

Never really appreciated him in his prime, because I was always frustrated that he only ever talked about race.

Actually thought he'd be a better comedian if he stopped talking about race.

Looking back on it now, it was brilliant.

Simply because I finally started to realize that almost everything is about race............even when it seems like it isn't.
Yup.

Everything.

That doesn't mean it has to affect your life but always be cognizant

Back