Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Comedian Corey Holcomb is receiving backlash for clowning people who do not have their money and career together by the age of 40. “The system worked

test
Boomers are largely retired, Gen X is mostly running the show now. And like how @BlackRain touched on, gen x continuing the bs and accepting no responsibility. Most of them echo the bullshit boomers say and did.

Perfect example is how they younger generation is complaining about working full time and not even earning enough to live. What did boomers and gen x do? They told young people they're lazy and gotta earn the right to make a living wage one day, then had to gall to claim giant successful businesses couldnt afford to pay a living wage.

Magically they found money when people refused to work for them after the pandemic. But if you bring that up, or the fact they pay workers more oversea's, they move the goal post and deflect like crazy.

They find any and every reason to oppress the younger generation and while they scheme to hoard wealth. Yall in for a rude awakening when millennials and gen z really start to take over. We werent asking for much, but since they acted like we were asking for the world, they're really gunna want their payback

You're asking the wrong question. Instead of asking what GenX was supposed to do you should be asking what role GenX should be playing to better position Millennials.

The main problem with GenX is that they don't understand their mission. The mission of GenX should be to help Millennials as best as they can but instead what most Millennials here from the majority of GenX is "Don't blame us, shit was fucked up when we got it so what do you expect?" You can feel the guilt in their responses. It's the responsibility of those before us to prepare those who come after us the best way that they can.

As a Millennial I would hope that GenZ could see that us Millennials don't need to see them go through a bunch of bullshit to hit them with a "How does that feel". Our goal as Millennials should be to prepare a better world for GenZ.

GenX spends a lot of time trying to explain what doesn't need to be explained. Nobody is blaming GenX for Millennial problems but GenX sure does spend a lot of time talking to Millennials like we're telling them that they owe us something.

No, I'm asking the right question because it's the one you refuse to answer. You're dancing around it, still trying to blame us for not doing enough but never being able to say what it was we were supposed to be doing. And who are you to define what our "mission" is??? And how can you sit there and say "no one is blaming GenX for Millennial problems" yet turn right around and blame us for not getting the world ready for y'all??? That's literally blaming us for your problems.

No, I'm asking the right question because it's the one you refuse to answer. You're dancing around it, still trying to blame us for not doing enough but never being able to say what it was we were supposed to be doing. And who are you to define what our "mission" is??? And how can you sit there and say "no one is blaming GenX for Millennial problems" yet turn right around and blame us for not getting the world ready for y'all??? That's literally blaming us for your problems.

You didn't comprehend my post correctly.

At the end of the day ppl gotta start minding their business what worked for you aint
Gonna work
For the next person

My 38 y o cousin moved back home into her parents empty mansion ( her parents live elsewhere)

To get her life back together and I understand and im happy that her parents have created an atmosphere where their kids don’t have to scrap scratch and survive , sleep in a car and or shelter while figuring shit out

Come home if and whenever u need to to
Recalibrate then get back out there when ur ready
Moved back home into her parents EMPTY mansion…

:hahaha:

Stfu Elz 😂

Boomers are largely retired, Gen X is mostly running the show now. And like how @BlackRain touched on, gen x continuing the bs and accepting no responsibility. Most of them echo the bullshit boomers say and did.

Perfect example is how they younger generation is complaining about working full time and not even earning enough to live. What did boomers and gen x do? They told young people they're lazy and gotta earn the right to make a living wage one day, then had to gall to claim giant successful businesses couldnt afford to pay a living wage.

Magically they found money when people refused to work for them after the pandemic. But if you bring that up, or the fact they pay workers more oversea's, they move the goal post and deflect like crazy.

They find any and every reason to oppress the younger generation and while they scheme to hoard wealth. Yall in for a rude awakening when millennials and gen z really start to take over. We werent asking for much, but since they acted like we were asking for the world, they're really gunna want their payback

The people in positions of power, i.e. government, banks and other financial institutions, and the heads of large corporations, by and large are Boomers and older. That's a fact. We ain't there yet.

What actually happened when the debate to raise minimum wage came up, and this was very widely covered in the news, was Boomers (i.e. the economists) said "We need to raise minimum wage to match the level where it had it's greatest buying power, which was in the 60's. Minimum wage should be raised to $10-$11.50/hr". This was back in 2013 when the whole debate hit the national stage. What Millennials said, instead, was "raise it to $15!!!" over and over. It's now 10 years later and it hasn't been raised at all and not because of GenX (because we actually support raising it), but because of the corporate shareholders that make up Congress that pass the laws voted against it and that means Boomers and the Silent Generation. The average age of 113th Congress (which was the one that voted against it in 2014) was well into Boomer territory and they're only getting older. You got niggas in congress that's damned near 90 years old and one that actually IS 90, we're talking the very earliest edge of the Silent Gen!!!

Being able to offer more is a simple math equation: If I'm paying 5 people $8-$10/hr and they quit, I would naturally have enough to pay 3 people $15/hr to replace that 5. Granted, they're going to have to do the work of that same 5 people, but I can pay it and it's not going to break the bank, in fact, if I was paying 5 people $10/hr and I replace them with 3 people at $15/hr, I'm actually saving money. That's how shortsighted this whole shit is. The saff has already been reduced so, yes, I can pay more now but the staff level will never return to it's old number. Look at Walmart, Target, and other retailers: they don't have nearly the staff they once had but are offering to pay more. You ain't looking at the big picture here.

GenX doesn't have the power to oppress, at least not yet. And considering that we've championed a lot of the same causes Millennials and GenZ has, I'd say that once we have the numbers in positions of power you'll see the changes that are more favorable to you.

Actually she acts like It is cuz her parents do be on her ass tho

But she has a terrible attitude so her parents POV is like u staying in our house rent free bills free and be giving us attitude too?

Lol but it’s hard for parents to give up on their kids

Yeah, it is.

Back