Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Comedian Corey Holcomb is receiving backlash for clowning people who do not have their money and career together by the age of 40. “The system worked

test
giphy.gif

Blanket statements will always get you in trouble. Unless he said "some people" or some other relatable verbiage in his speech not a part of this clip, then he is not totally right. There are people with chronic illnesses or some other handicap that piles on bills and prevents them from living a "normal" life. There are other disasters i can think of.

There are always exceptional circumstances. Some people do catch bad breaks that derail their lives. That said, most people should have something planned out by their 40s. I'm not saying you should be ballin out of control, but if you're 40 something and still floundering, you've probably made some missteps along the way.

Eh, shit happens.

We should strive to be a society where regular jobs allow folks to send their kids to college and buy a house like it did until the 90s.

Not everyone should have to be business owners and doctors and engineers to live comfortable.

100k in NJ used to mean you were living GOOD. By the time I got to a 100k in NJ, it was just the norm. Smmfh. Dont ask me why im bitter.

Back