Welcome To aBlackWeb

Colin Kaepernick's girlfriend Nessa Diab blasts NFL for listing quarterback as 'retired'

DOS_patos

Unverified Legion of Trill member
Colin Kaepernick’s girlfriend, Nessa Diab, chastised the NFL on Friday for listing the former San Francisco 49ers quarterback as “retired” on the league’s official website.

Diab also tagged commissioner Roger Goodell and the NFLPA on Twitter for “lying” about Kaepernick’s status.

The league’s website changed the “retired” tag to “UFA,” undrafted free agent, later Friday.

3 seasons since Colin Kaepernick played in NFL
Kaepernick hasn’t played in the NFL since 2016 when he was 29. He completed 59.2 percent of his passes that season for the 49ers, tallying 2,241 yards with 16 touchdowns and four interceptions in 12 games. He quarterbacked the 49ers to the Super Bowl after the 2012 season, where they lost to the Baltimore Ravens, 34-31.

Kaepernick hasn’t found a job since opting for free agency in 2016 as attention around the quarterback shifted from his football status to his protests against social injustice and police brutality.

Grievance, settlement
Kaepernick filed and later settled a grievance against the NFL, accusing teams of colluding to keep him out of the league as political pressure mounted from as high as President Donald Trump’s White House against his protests.

He remained without an NFL job after the settlement and held a private workout for NFL teams last fall in Atlanta. No teams signed Kaepernick to a deal as the league came under fire while notable NFL failures like Nathan Peterman and Blaine Gabbert continued to find employment.

Kaepernick remains without a job but has not announced his retirement.

bf62dab0-9c8d-11ea-b7fe-0dc2a8a5cf91

I’ve been riding with Kap since day 1 of this shit. And the NFL is trash as fuck for trying to erase him like they’ve been. That sham workout, bleeping his name in Madden, insisting he’s retired, not acknowledging his milestone games & performance.... etc.

That said, Kap and his camp need a new game plan. If his goal is to get back in the league the way they’ve been going about things where Eric Reid and Nessa go after everyone for him, while understandable might not be doing them any favors in the end.

Even though they did get this situation “fixed” it won’t mean much.

I’ve been riding with Kap since day 1 of this shit. And the NFL is trash as fuck for trying to erase him like they’ve been. That sham workout, bleeping his name in Madden, insisting he’s retired, not acknowledging his milestone games & performance.... etc.

That said, Kap and his camp need a new game plan. If his goal is to get back in the league the way they’ve been going about things where Eric Reid and Nessa go after everyone for him, while understandable might not be doing them any favors in the end.

Even though they did get this situation “fixed” it won’t mean much.

lol if u think kaep is tryin to get back in the league.

That "work out" was a last ditch effort / hail mary

Its a wrap

Last edited:
I know he’s done in the NFL

Guess the point I was trying to make was I don’t know what the end goal is now for Kap and his camp. He should be in the league but he’s not. Anyone who’s been paying attention knows they’re wrong.

But now what?

I’m trying figure out why niggas don’t like her like they annoyed or something

B/c some feel she's part of the reason why he's not in the league. Some feel her comments on social media derailed his effort.

For example...Ravens was considering bringing him in. That was until she dropped that pic of Ray & Steve portraying Sam & Leo in "Django".

But I blame Steve as well b/c he's the owner. It's his team. Since when did you start including the advice of fans in your decision making of players?

B/c some feel she's part of the reason why he's not in the league. Some feel her comments on social media derailed his effort.

For example...Ravens was considering bringing him in. That was until she dropped that pic of Ray & Steve portraying Sam & Leo in "Django".

But I blame Steve as well b/c he's the owner. It's his team. Since when did you start including the advice of fans in your decision making of players?

Niggas ain’t being real then. He not in the league because of crackers and athletes can be replaced. You see how they doing Cam Newton a damn MVP and been to the Super Bowl

It wasn't Nessa, it was the training tryout. Kaep wanted it televised and the day before wanted to change the locations where they were gonna shoot and the NFL said nah. I think overall the NFL wanted Kaep to come in on their terms but Kaep had conditions with pay and I think the NFL was more like prove what you can do and then they'll decide afterwards. The XFL and CFL I think made him an offer but said his salary demands were too high. Dont get it fucked up there are people who don't want Kaep in and just want the kneeling shit to go away smh.

Lowkey IMO I don't think Kaep really wanted to come back, I think the training tryout was meant to promote the shoe which sales skyrocketed and it sold out which means he'll get an extension from Nike. The NFL not gonna let him kneel and want him to work his way on the field before they pay him what he wants. While I get the business side of it, if I were Kaep I wouldn't do it, he's making more off the field and doesn't have to risk his body or deal with the political shit.

He has a lucrative deal with Nike plus a shoe deal with them, he also has a deal with Beats by Dre, McDonald's, MusclePharm, Jaguar automotive and Electronic Arts.

People don't realize but Kaep has a team who help do his PR stuff, manage his endorsements and help him in a lot of ways.

I was addressing the question he ask about why folks don't like her or annoyed by her. Despite the fact she's been ride or die.

He quotes Pac in this vid too "You might be deep in the game, but you got the rules missing."

Man fucc Marcellus. Bruh was quiet as a mouse at ESPN when all this went down. Damn Beadle had more balls than him.

But soon he goes over to FS1..oh now he wanna talk cash shyt. Bringing up his dumbazzz logic about how Kap is half black, and not from the hood...so he's not qualified to speak on black issues.

After that...he's lost all respect.

Last edited:
Back